Best Amp for Clearaudio Concept

Air_Guitar_Maestro

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Hi

I'm rather new to all this, and am yet another person "returning to vinyl" after years in the CD wilderness.

I'm about to invest in probably either a Rega RP6 or Clearaudio Concept turntable and was wondering if anyone had any advice re. best amps to pair it with? I'm thinking about either a Roksan K2 or the new Arcam FMJ A19? Would be happy to hear the thoughts of anyone out there.

The music I listen to is mostly guitar based - think all the classic rock, but also lots of alternative stuff and metal.

Speakers, I have a crappy pair of old (1997) Gales that I'll be replacing too, so any thoughts on those? I thought about picking up a pair of Tannoy DC6Ts, which you can pick up for a good price now.

Thanks for reading

Richard

Although I have not actually heard the A19 it is getting great reviews. If you intend to spend around £650 you cannot go far wrong with this one. It does have a phono stage for moving magnet cartridge however I am not sure of its quality. The phono stages in Roksan amps are known to me and are very good indeed, as it should be from a manufacturer of turntables. I am not sure the Roksan would be worth the extra £145 though.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts