Clearaudio Concept with Project Tube Box DS

alastairpearce

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

Thinking of buying a new turntable - loving the look of the Clearaudio Concept Wood with Concept MC cartridge package.

Currently, I've got a Project Genie Mk 3 with Ortofon 2M Red, into a Project Tube Box DS, with a Roksan Kandy K2 amp.

I preferred to use the external Project phono stage rather than the internal stage in the Kandy, as I preferred the slightly warmer sound of the tube box.

Obviously the Tube Box DS is a MM/MC phono stage, so should work for the concept MC cartridge. My question is, does anyone have anny experience of matching the Tube Box DS with the Concept MC cartridge? Do you think it would be a good match?

And one other question - the tube box has a variable adjustment for input impedance for MC cartridges. Anyone know what the input impedennce should be set at for the Concept MC?

Thanks

alastairpearce said:
Hi,

Thinking of buying a new turntable - loving the look of the Clearaudio Concept Wood with Concept MC cartridge package.

Currently, I've got a Project Genie Mk 3 with Ortofon 2M Red, into a Project Tube Box DS, with a Roksan Kandy K2 amp.

I preferred to use the external Project phono stage rather than the internal stage in the Kandy, as I preferred the slightly warmer sound of the tube box.

Obviously the Tube Box DS is a MM/MC phono stage, so should work for the concept MC cartridge. My question is, does anyone have anny experience of matching the Tube Box DS with the Concept MC cartridge? Do you think it would be a good match?

And one other question - the tube box has a variable adjustment for input impedance for MC cartridges. Anyone know what the input impedennce should be set at for the Concept MC?

Thanks

Input impedance recommended is 100ohm but feel free to play around with this.

Any phono stage, properly adjusted, should be able to work with this cartridge, you might even find the output of 0.42mV is enough to go straight to the amp.

Have no personal experience of this pairing. Enjoy!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts