Question Philips 660 - How to connect?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Gray

If you are still around Rexanthony:
This lead is correctly wired for your purpose (would need twin RCA into its sockets):
This one is cheaper, if you've got a soldering iron for the following quick mod:
Open the DIN plug swap wires....pin 3 to the unused pin 1 and pin 5 to the unused pin 4:
With either lead, connect the RCA to the line or 'aux' input of your 'modern' amplifier.
(You'll probably find it quieter than other sources, so it will need a higher amp volume control setting).

Reactions: Al ears

djh1697

Nov 27, 2008
Visit site
DIN is a far better standard than phono, that is why Naim uses it. It offers the main advantage of a "clean Earth", however I doubt this unit will benefit from such things.

Gray

DIN is a far better standard than phono, that is why Naim uses it.
What about the issue of crosstalk between channels when comparing DIN to RCA?
True enough, channels come close together in selector switches etc., but they're routinely adjacent in DIN, whereas not at all in RCA connectors.
I assume Naim have researched the issue 🤔, but I'd hazard a guess that what they (potentially) gain with the clean earth?*, they (potentially) lose on crosstalk. I'd say any audibility of either would be debatable and as you say, in this case, irrelevant 👍.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts