philips 37pfl5603

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi. I recently took delivery of my Philips 37'' TV model 37pfl5603. I think the tv looks great. The picture quality isn't bad either but the annoying thing is that there seems to be a high pitch buzzing sound emitting from the tv. I thought it was the speaker however when the speaker is placed on mute the noise is still apparent. The only time the noise is not there is if when I am watching a programme and I press the guide button on the remote then the screen display changes from the tv channel being broadcast to the channel listings page. When you exit the channel listing screen page and it goes back to the channel you were watching the noise is back. It can be heard even when standing at least 15 ft away from the tv!!!

It is driving me up the wall and Philips don't care. They say it is normal and by adjusting the contrast it may even go away. I have tried that but it makes no difference. I have told them that their only solution for this problem is by telling the customer that it is normal rather than solve the problem. I believe that the noise is outwith the normal parameters for this kind of noise. I do know other tv brands have a similar noise but you can only hear it if you are standing next to the screen.

Has anybody else experienced this problem?????????????

maza

A

Anonymous

Not sure that your Philips can be fixed, seems other tv's can have this problem too.

From what I understand, it is only deemed a fault if it can be heard from your usual viewing distance over the sound of a normal program. If this is the case, you're wasting your time speaking to Philips directly, you need to speak to the retailer and insist that they swap the set. Most importantly, you have to act quickly as by law if you don't complain quickly, you are assumed to have accepted the tv and lose your right to a full refund.

A

Anonymous

Hi alsina. Thanks for reply. You described the problem im having to the point. The noise can be heard over normal viewing distance and further. I have already had a swap and the new set had the same ''normal'' fault!

I have now asked for a full refund. To anybody thinking of buying the 37pfl5603. ''DONT''!!!!!

However, I am hoping it is just a problem with that particular model. I may upgrade to the 37pfl7603 or 32pfl9603. Has anybody out there got one of these models. If so, what is your opinion???

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts