Phil Collins...am I being silly?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Please tell me whether Phil Collins is incredibly passe (or whether it was just very tacky at the time)...but I was listening to "something in the air tonight" (or whatever it is called) and I hadn't heard it many times before (turned it off after 30 seconds thinking what a load of rubbish) and I went downstairs to get a cup of tea while it was on and came back upstairs, opened the door, took 5 steps and DUDU DUDU DADA DODO DA SHHH! At -15db that was the most scariest thing I had ever heard! I have known people go on about Collins's trademark drum fill but flippy-dip it was awsome! The best recorded drum fill I have ever heard! Sounded like a lion was in my room! Compared to the synth that was playing before it was amazing! Such presence, so dynamic, so much authority! WoW! Anybody else given this a go on their hi-fi?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
'It's a wonderful night for a moondance' - it affects us all in strange ways...

BTW as a child I saw Phil Collins as the Artful Dodger in Oliver! Fact.

A

Anonymous

I do like some Phil Collins/Genesis, but In The Air Tonight has to rank in my top five :)

A

Anonymous

Well that full moon is out again (or near full anyway) and er...I have kind of done something a bit silly....I have just bought a Joe Jackson album....oh dear. Somebody else wasn't pleased - I guess "it's different for girls" (if you'll pardon the pun).

John Duncan

[quote user="Clare Newsome"]
[quote user="Hughes123"]Didn't he text his wife to say she was dumped?[/quote]

Faxed her, actually. Somehow worse!ÿ
[/quote]

In this day and age, yes. Who has a fax?

Drummerdave

Dec 4, 2007
Visit site
It's not a bad song but the drum fill isn't anything special, apart from being loud. Having said that I rate Collins fairly highly as a drummer based on his work with the earlier Peter Gabriel era Genesis. Foxtrot, Nursey Cryme, Selling England by the Pound and The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway are absolute classics with some fantastic drumming. Nowadays I listen to mostly post rock, punk and the greatest british band ever, The Fall.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="JohnDuncan"][quote user="Clare Newsome"]
[quote user="Hughes123"]Didn't he text his wife to say she was dumped?[/quote]

Faxed her, actually. Somehow worse!
[/quote]

In this day and age, yes. Who has a fax?[/quote]

Hotels. As a mate of mine found out when his psycho wife dumped him by sending a fax to the hotel in which he and his work colleagues were staying for a conference. Ouch.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts