Personal expirience with yamaha cd-n500

Edo

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I've bought yamaha AS-500 integrated amplifier, and I am thinking of pairing it with Yamaha CD-N500 (network-CD player) or marantz CD 6004. Marantz CD 6004 has a great review, but still no what hi-fi review for yamaha CD-N500.

Any personal expirience with CD-N500?

By the way, I am very, very satisfied with yamaha AS-500 integrated amplifie (great sound, low noise 0,0019THD, enough power 85W at 8ohms).

audioaddict

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
really ? ive just heard an as 500 and its rekindled my interest in another separates system...ableit at the budget end as i refuse to spend another small fortune on a system......was very impressed with the as 500 very powerful punchy and detailed......would it be a good match for my cm1s ? i.d pair it with the cds 300 or failing that i.d get the as700 and cd 700

hermano

May 16, 2013
Visit site
hey, good luck finding someone with experience of the yamaha cd/streamer....I have asked on a number of forums without reply....surley someone has bought one and would like to tell people their thoughts??

also, if as someone mentioned, this is discontinued...surley that does not render it worthless.....would still be able to use for years to come...a la squeezebox.

paulhh1967

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
I have an AS700 (more laidback sound compared with AS500) and a CD-N500 net cd player + still a CD-S700 cd player.

When i compare the CD-S700 with the CD-N500 player in terms of sound, the 500 is much better....this player sounds so good :bounce:

Use the Pure Direct mode on this player and you'll be knocked over. The 500 is an outstanding musical player, maybe the best in his class.

N500 has a more open and dynamic sound, more musical and digs more of detail. The S700 is more relaxed sounding, would say a bit dull.

The quality of the 700 driver/loader is better: faster when loading, quieter when spinning...reading...skippin' yeh it's better made.

The N500 has a good internet radio inside (yamaha Vtuner). It's working "loading" very good and has no problems so far.

I use a wireless connection with a Netgear WNCE2001 (connected with his line adapter so no usb port needed: the usb port is in front of the player...it's looking awfull for having a cable hanging out there) . The Netgear wifi adapter is working fine with the N500, no drops or falling out connections. You can use Pure Direct also in the netradio modus, the sound of your radio will be cranked up to audiophile levels. Very good!

I haven't use the streaming function yet, so no words about that.

The only minor thing about the N500 is his firmware update. It took about a half hour to update right out of the box :O

I would give the CD-S700 4 stars.

The CD-N500 is definitely a 5 star winner!!

TRENDING THREADS