PC wont take SDHC Cards,, What can I do?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hey

My computer is getting on a bit, I got it when Vista was launched its a AMD Athlon 4400+

I want to see my pics but I got a SDHC card and my PC wont see it.

What can I do?

Thanks

A

Anonymous

Slot just says SD cards, and It just wont play the card.

I think I got the PC around the time the SDHC was coming out as well

A

Anonymous

slewis:Why don't you buy an external USB SDHC card reader, problem solved.

I was thinking that, but wont the reader just send the info to the PC and the PC will refuse to play it?

A

Anonymous

I guess I could connect the camera up, but thats just a pain, would rather be able just to use the Card.

Will try a reader. thanks guys

laserman16

Nov 23, 2007
Visit site
My Daughter has one of those cards in her camera , she just hooks up to the PC with the supplied usb cable. No problem at all running currently on XP.

A

Anonymous

Try updating the firmware for the card-reader on your pc.

Did this to an older pc and did the trick.

The release notes for the firmware version should state whether it adds support for SDHC.

AlmaataKZ

Jan 7, 2009
Visit site
had the same problem and did not want to use the camera all the time. Got a cheap USB reader from the internet (3-4 pounds), job done.

Zarn_Smith

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Indeed. First step I would take is to see if there are new drivers / firmware for the card reader. (As physically SDHC and SD readers are the same.)

If that does not work, 10 squid will get you a USB sdhc reader from pc world.

Joe10155

Oct 25, 2008
Visit site
Some many months ago I found that an SDHC card was not being recognized when connected to the PC. It was a fairly new card; I realized that I had never formated it in the camera and although it was working ok in the camera, when connected by a card reader it didn't want to work. After formating it (in the camera), it was recognised, and has been ok since. So if you can save the pictures you already have on the card; give it a try.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts