Panny d80 connection problems

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

You need to use the 6 channel set up to use the decoder in the source and not the decoder in the Yamaha which can't decode this signal.

Your centre amplification/speaker is working fine, you proved that by putting the other feed through it albeit you might have a faulty lead between the centre feed from the player.

It's not rocket surgery..........you'll work it out.

emotion-1.gif

james67

Aug 19, 2007
Visit site
No update as band of brothers still hasn't arrived , might just put the interconnects in the amp to cd then i'll know for definite if ones faulty.

The queen blue ray did output to the centre on one of the bonus features that was DTS though and not an hd encoded part.

I'll feel a bit silly if the main feature was just mixed for the main fronts and the rears!

A

Anonymous

Have you connected up the six leads and tried it the other way yet?

Your asking your Yamaha DSP to decode something it can't, hence the problems I'm quite sure..........

A

Anonymous

That's why the thing worked with the DVD but not the blu ray

You need to set the amp to 6 channel input (6ch input button on the remote) It's what I use and it doesn't work with blu rays any other way..........

emotion-2.gif

james67

Aug 19, 2007
Visit site
Just an update , the band of brothers arrived yesterday morning , didn't get it as i was in bed , work nights etc.

Picked it up this morning from the post office and the centre channel is OK.

I'd like to thank the people who replied to my initial question , had forgot about the main/external decoder option on my yamaha processor the instruction manual isn't to hand , my excuse anyway.

The Queen blu ray did throw me as every multi channel music dvd i have bought has always had the 5 channels encoded for sound , just wasn't expecting a 4 channel sound on that and it didn't say anything on the rear sleeve.

Anyway a big thanks for the comments and advice etc , should be in bed now but just having a drink and have Band Of Brothers on.

James

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts