Linn Selekt Connection Problems

Dobby

Sep 5, 2023
Visit site
Hello. I hope someone can put me out of my misery! I am 75, have very few marbles left and I am stuck, Very briefly my gear is Tannoy Arden speakers, LP12 turntable, Radford 25 amp. Arcam CD player, Stax headphones and Cambridge 8000C preamp AND Linn Selekt with only line out fitted. The Selekt was added 4 years ago by the dealer and all worked well and I controlled volume, inputs etc from the preamp. Due to electrical updates I had to disconnect the system entirely and on the road to re-connection I realised that I was a bit out of my depth. As I said, the original system played everything from the preamp but now the only way to get sound is when I connect the Selekt direct to the Radford. Trouble is that cuts out the CD (which my wife insists on). What I want to do is route all music from whatever source through the preamp but I cannot figure out the correct connections. There are so many connections at the back of the Selekt and the preamp that I get ever more confused. I have tried to read through Linns copious manuals but they seem to want you to stick with all Linn gear. Hope all this makes sense and someone can help sort me out. I have a Sonos setup so I am not stuck for music but I want my old system back! Many thanks

Cork

Aug 9, 2023
Visit site
I assume you had the CD player connected to the CD port and the turntable to one of the turntable ports. The Selekt should work on any of the Tuner, Tape-1 (In), or Tape-2 (In) ports. What did you try?

Dobby

Sep 5, 2023
Visit site
Many thanks for your reply. My problem started when the dealer set up the Selekt and I had connection to everything. I have now discovered that by connecting the Select directly to the amp I can get everything working! I now have a redundant 8000c pre-amp but I really miss the physical controls. I struggle with most things these days but I find the Linn apps especially difficult. But at least I have fine music back. Many thanks again - you prompted me to look at everything again.

Reactions: nopiano
Many thanks for your reply. My problem started when the dealer set up the Selekt and I had connection to everything. I have now discovered that by connecting the Select directly to the amp I can get everything working! I now have a redundant 8000c pre-amp but I really miss the physical controls. I struggle with most things these days but I find the Linn apps especially difficult. But at least I have fine music back. Many thanks again - you prompted me to look at everything again.
Pop back if you need to. I didn’t see this, but my Linn Akurate DSM isn’t so different to yours. Glad you’ve got your music again!

TRENDING THREADS