Panel confusion

Aqua

May 9, 2014
Visit site
Does anybody no which panels these tv's use as in VA or IPS Cant seem to find any solid info.

sony kdl 32w706b

sony kdl 42w8

samsung ue32h6400 and ue40h6400

samsung ue40hu6900

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
I can suggest only either google or contacting the manufacturers. However, perhaps I'm wrong, but maybe the difference between VA (good blacks) and IPS (wide viewing angles) panels won't matter too much on relatively small screen sizes as 32" and 40"?

QuantumKilpers

Jan 25, 2015
Visit site
Samsung almost exclusively use VA panels. Top end is in-house the rest is usally AUO/Innolux.

42W8 is IPS and I'm sure the 32W is also.

All else being equal - black Level, contrast etc tends to be superior on VA panels.

I have yet to see an IPS TV bettering the VA variant ones including the 4k.
IPSs are LG panels and Samsung as a panel maker wouldn't use Ips and vice versa.The differences are not straight forward.
Ips are extremely dominant in desktop monitors incl Apple Cinema displays except the Samsung displays of course.Their contrast is under 1500 shades VA panels are up to 2000 plus shades.
But Ips have superb viewing angles only beaten by Oled screens.
Apple's latest ipads have tweaked Ips screens to bump up contrast so they are even more preferred to the samsung AMLOED screens with infinite contrast.

Best to audition the TVs and not choose on screentype alone.You likely to be happy with the none LG TV panels.

TRENDING THREADS