Panasonic TXP60ZT65B now or wait for Panasonic AX900 4K TV

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

funster

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site
funsterPana.jpeg

:grin:

Took five hours to get there, four hours to get back. It was so late I didn't get a chance to open the package up when I got home. This had better be worth it. ;)

The chaps at TPS were excellent. Very friendly, and offered to stick around in case I got delayed any more on the M6 headed up. They had a ZT65 in the shop and it was stunning, but at a £1000 premium... well, that goes a long, long way towards the new equipment I need to complement the TV in our new house!

mr malarky

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
funster said:
funsterPana.jpeg

Took five hours to get there, four hours to get back. It was so late I didn't get a chance to open the package up when I got home. This had better be worth it. ;)

The chaps at TPS were excellent. Very friendly, and offered to stick around in case I got delayed any more on the M6 headed up. They had a ZT65 in the shop and it was stunning, but at a £1000 premium... well, that goes a long, long way towards the new equipment I need to complement the TV in our new house!

:cheers:

mr malarky

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
gel said:
mr malarky said:
gel said:
funster said:
Ooh... now that it seriously tempting. Especially as the ZT65 appears to have had a £100 price increase at Electrical Discount UK, which is where I was looking at it earlier in the week from their Amazon site which included a five year warranty. £800 is a big difference between the 55VT65 and 60ZT65. Well, to me anyway!

Have never bought anything from TPS. Presumably a reputable retailer?

Yep, TPS are on AV Forums all the time and supply them with TVs for reviews. Quite a few of us have bought 3D glasses from them.

TPS are a decent retailer in my (admittedly limited) experience, and the ZT is a cracking TV so well worth a punt. There may be some fan noise (seems to vary by unit) but likely no worse than you would get from running an old PS3.

I think TPS are good at dealing with the fan noise with a fan fix, so if you get any problems ask them about it. The guy will know how you can get it fixed he is on the forums all the time.

i just stuck a couple of magnetic PC dust filters over the fan holes in the end, made it much quiter and the air still circulates without any problem (had read a few posts from people saying the 'fan fix' hadn't worked for them).

D

Deleted member 2457

funster said:
funsterPana.jpeg

Nice one! :cheers: Let us know what you think to it.

funster

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site
Well, it's been near enough two weeks since I got the set and a combination of work and illness have meant I haven't actually been able to even take it out of the box. Until tnonight. Hooray! Finally, here it is in all it's glory... well, in these photos, switched off and alongside the old Sonly 32" purely for interest!

I can happily say that even with just the THX Cinema mode selected - further adjustment to follow - this thing is really quite something!

image1.jpeg

image2.jpeg

TRENDING THREADS