Panasonic TX-P50GT50/Samsung UE46ES8000 better than Pioneer PDP4280XD

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Ive seen the review on both the Panasonic TX-P50GT50 and the Samsung UE46ES8000. I understand that Panny did take a lot of Kuro Technology from Pioneer.

The big question is are either of them better picture wise on normal 2D and HD.

I'm not sold on the 3D yet so that would probably hardly ever be used.

I also dont really understand the motion-blur as I am in too much awe at watching I Robot for the 15th time and amiring the sheer colours/contrasts.

Just want the opinion of anyone whose got a Pioneer and either of one of the aboves as it seems i wait every year to be told that no one has beaten the 'blacks' of the Pioneer.

I mainly use the Pioneer for bluray movies and football (sparingly used as i need to make it last until someone finally says, yes!! this is the TV to finallly beat the Pioneer).

Haleem123

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
Hi Abdul,

I havent seen the pioneer in action so cannot comment on that, however i have the panasonic txp50g30, i have to say it is stunning, if however you want to beat or rival the pioneer's blacks then you will most likely have to look at the VT55 series which is the top of the range, dont bother with samsung on the plasma front the panasonic is better.

A

Anonymous

You probably don't understand motion blur, as the pioneer is such a good TV and a plasma (lol). I must say that the Samsungs sI have seen lately don't tend to suffer from motion issues.

My 50GT30B has better black levels and a sharper image than the 50" version of your TV (actually the 5080LX) I have in my bedroom, so I'm sure the new GT50 will not disappoint, especially as you like plasmas.

I had a 46C7000 and I could get used to the back light dimming levels auto-dimming feature.

jabirugpa

Sep 14, 2007
Visit site
An interesting question, Abdul. I have a Pioneer 6090 and a Panasonic P50GT50, so I guess I should try to answer you. Like you, we use the Kuro mainly for movies as we have it set up with 7.1 sound - the Panasonic has to make do with a Q-TV2.

Are the blacks on the Panasonic GT50 better than those on the Kuro? I don't think I could say that they are but they are very, very good indeed and I'm sure that most folks would be delighted with the stunning picture quality. Maybe if you looked at the more expensive model Panasonic you might find that the blacks would match those of your Kuro, I haven't seen the posh Panny so can't comment on that.

Of course, not everyone agreed that the Kuro was marvellous - did you see the Which? report? I disagreed with that, but I did arrange a proper 'viewing' of the set before I decided to buy (the same with the Panasonic). Maybe your dealer could set up a Panasonic GT50 properly for you to view?

Good luck in your choice

A

Anonymous

Thanks for all the replies. I think its finally time to take a step out of the abyss and have a look at these new Panasonics.

jabirugpa

Sep 14, 2007
Visit site
Sorry, Son_of_SJ, It was a long time ago - however, I bet the editor of What HiFi? remembers well the Kuro being reviewed by Which? Maybe it's still on the Which? review site.

Abdul: I ran the BluRay of Die Hard 4 through my Pioneer and through my Panasonic for comparison last night and to my eyes the Kuro was better than the Pana. My wife though prefered the Pana's 'punch'. So, I don't know what that proves except that you should buy what pleases you...........................

Good Luck.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts