Panasonic TX-47AS650B - Uneven Backlight Issue

Deanmlee

May 31, 2015
Visit site
Hi. I have recently purchased a TX-42AS650B TV from Panasoinc outlet shop. I complained about the backlight being very uneven especially in the corners which were almost black at times on strong colours. They replaced the first screen, but the replacement, although an improvement was still I felt poor. They agreed to either replace with another model or refund, so I have now payed the extra for the 47" model. However this shows exactly the same uneven backlightling. Panasonic claim that this is normal and as I previously owned a Plasma TV i haven't got used to the picture yet, and have offered to refund me. I have had 2 other people look at the picture and they both agree with me. Before I return the TV for the refund, am I being too fussy? Have other people experienced this? There was no mention in any of the What HiFi reviews.

I would welcome peoples views on this, as I was expecting so much better. Also can anyone recomend a replacement TV.

Thanks,

Dean

his dudeness

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
Deanmlee said:
Hi. I have recently purchased a TX-42AS650B TV from Panasoinc outlet shop. I complained about the backlight being very uneven especially in the corners which were almost black at times on strong colours. They replaced the first screen, but the replacement, although an improvement was still I felt poor. They agreed to either replace with another model or refund, so I have now payed the extra for the 47" model. However this shows exactly the same uneven backlightling. Panasonic claim that this is normal and as I previously owned a Plasma TV i haven't got used to the picture yet, and have offered to refund me. I have had 2 other people look at the picture and they both agree with me. Before I return the TV for the refund, am I being too fussy? Have other people experienced this? There was no mention in any of the What HiFi reviews.

I would welcome peoples views on this, as I was expecting so much better. Also can anyone recomend a replacement TV.

Thanks,

Dean
panasonics lcd tv,s have not been great,this samsung seems to be pretty much the best at this pricehttp://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/samsung/ue48h6400/sams-ue48h6400

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts