Panasonic TX-P46GT30B: Wall-mount distance

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am about to order a Panasonic TX-P46GT30B and will be wall-mounting it. The manual says to allow 7cm between wall and tv for adequate ventilation.

However, I will also be getting the KEF T205 as wall-mounted speakers, which sit about 4cm depth, so I didn't really want the tv to have an overall depth of 14cm (6cm for tv + 8cm wall-mount as the nearest adequate depth). I have found a Duronic wall-mount that is just under 4cm, giving an overall depth of approx 10cm for the tv.

Does anyone have their plasma tv wall mounted below the manufacturers recommended distance from the wall and has this caused any issues? I appreciate that it is advisable to stay with recommended parameters, but often in the real world these can often be overkill and not absolutely necessary.

I know that if I go for a Samsung LED/LCD that is wafer thin this will provide better ergonomics and allignmnet with the T205, but I really prefer plasma and the Panasonic is £650 cheaper!!!!

Any comments much appreciated.

Paul.

robjcooper

Sep 29, 2008
Visit site
How about demoing a Samsung plasma. They are very thin - just slightly deeper than their LED/LCD screens. And they're cheaper than the LEDs.

For example Sevenoaks are selling the PS51D8000 for £1299.

Just a thought

Rob

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the suggestion, but this is a no go for two reasons:

1. It does not get a very good review compared to the Panasonic (although I appreciate that I would have to compare them for myself).

2. 51" is too big, as I've eventually convinced the better half that we can at least move from our 37" to 46" (at a 3.1m viewing distance).

So, back to the original question and any other advice much appreciated.

Paul.

A

Anonymous

I have my 50" mounted with a total depth of 58mm (from the wall to front face of the TV), using an ultra flat bracket 2cm deep o/a. I have no issues with the set, no buzzing Etc. and it seems the fans aren't running excessively (although you might not hear them over my setup anyway). My KEF T305s sit either side / above the set and look virtually flush, less than 18mm difference.

A

Anonymous

Markjaspi,

Brilliant, thanks for the info.

Can you say which wall backet you are using and where you got it (assuming house rules apply)?

Paul.

A

Anonymous

I'm not sure of the make, I bought it off e ay and it was not expensive around £69. If I come across the box I'll let you know which.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts