Panasonic TX-P42G20 setup AND Yamaha 2065 auto setup

RobinKidderminster

May 27, 2009
Visit site
Thanks Alex at Richersounds (BHam). Nice screen. Good service. But I digress . . .

There are many options to tweak the picture on this crackin' plasma but I are there any good suggestions to tweak the settings for best performance from the 'showroom' setup without the expense of a pro-setup ?

I mainly use BD discs and DVDs (watch them again now) and Sky HD.

There are many options which give very different results but I guess I don't have the confidence to tweak settings and know that they are right. I did see (and lost) a suggested starting point for adjusting settings.

Always thankful for some help.

Cheers

TKratz

Jun 13, 2008
Visit site
Actually on this set it is very easy.

Go in and choose the profile (setting or whatever it's called) THX and you are good to go!
It won't get much better than that and will require professional equipment.

A

Anonymous

Got to agree. THX looks pretty sharp imo.

It does look better after a fews hours of running in as well i found. noticeably so.

RobinKidderminster

May 27, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for your input. I guess it does need a few hours but I recon some of the standard settings are a tad extreme. The THX doesnt seem to suit SD for example. As an aside - looking at BBCHD as a 'standard' the different program clips look so vastly different in colour balance, contrast etc its a wonder anyone can ever calibrate their own screen but have to rely on the manufacturers setup.

However - its a great screen when fed good food. Almost 3D in character. Really pleased but if I admit to the all too common colour blindness - I'd like to get an overall picture setting which looks good to most people. Then lock the remote in case the grand children start pressing buttons. :)

Thanks again for interest and comment

A

Anonymous

i think you can lock the settings although i haven't done it. Standard def i've found does start to stand out as looking different when you have been watching HD for a while, hard to make both look good i suppose.

RobinKidderminster

May 27, 2009
Visit site
Sooooo. Now with a Yamaha 2065 and AE Evos and a great plasma - The Yamaha setup gives (the usual) LARGE for all speakers including the surround back and a crossover of 60Hz. I know we are told to go SMALL / 80Hz - is this the case for me do you recon?

Thanks for help. Great forum

Cheers

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts