Calling all Panasonic Plasma intelligensia! SPDIF output...

Leeps

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if any of you clever types might be able to point me in the right direction please?

I'm attempting to make use of the optical audio output from my Panasonic plasma (TX-P42G30B), but for some reason the main sound menu isn't displaying all the options that the manual says there are. (I'm attempting to get sound from my TV to my receiver's zone 2 output, but as my receiver isn't fancy enough to output HDMI sources to Zone 2, I'm trying to use the optical out instead).

The manual says there's a list of almost 20 sound options, including the one I want which is called "SPDIF Selection", but when I pull up the main sound menu it only gives me 2 of these 20 options, "Headphone volume" and "HDMI1 input".

The manual indicated there was a way of reducing menu options (so if you're not too technically competnt you can't do anything stupid, with the TV at least). The manual said I can display these extra options by going into SETUP >> ADVANCE (isfccc) and switch this toggle to "ON". I did this, but when I go back into the sound menu is still only displays the lame 2 options.

Does anybody know how I might be able to access this SPDIF sound setting? I've spent a couple of hours on this now so it's getting a little frustrating. I would imagine it's one of those "easy when you know how things"! Anyway, any advice that gets me further will be much appreciated. Many thanks.

Leeps

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for looking Mac. I'm looking at pages 32-33 of the hard copy manual. It gives a list of sound options:

Mode, Bass, Treble, Equalizer, Balance, Headphone Volume, Surround, Auto Gain Control, Volume Correction, Speaker Distance to Wall, Preferred Multi Audio, NICAM, SPDIF Selection, HDMI 1/2/3/4 Input, Audio Description Menu, Reset to Defaults.

Of these my TV only currently displays the options in bold. I just have a feeling I've selected an option somewhere else that's turned these off. If pushed I might just have to try a factory reset and see if that sorts it.

macdiddy

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
you may be right in that you need to take the tv back to its "factory reset" status, I've checked the online manual again and on page 30 at the bottom it mentions something about the tv being in a "shop mode" which may be why you cannot access certain features (also known as "hotel mode"), its there to stop people in stores and hotel rooms changing things which the store/hotel doesnt want changed.

*music2*

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts