Onkyo TX-NR905 - Audyssey auto-setup Issue

Tim111

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
Hi All,

I'm new to AVR and was fortunate enough to purchase a pre-loved Onkyo TX-NR905 recently. I was trying to set up my speakers with the audyssey auto-set up mic but the set up was interrupted with a "Retry" error message when the tuning progressed to the first back surround speaker. Some more information below on the issue :
- 2 x 8 ohms JBL E60 front floor standing speakers
- 1 x JBL 8 ohms EC25 centre speaker
- 2 x bookshelf 4 ohms JBL SCS178 speakers
Note that the back surround speakers SCS178 are of 4 ohms., and I wonder if the error during the setup was due to this. I have set the AVR speakers setting to 6 ohms (there are only 2 settings - one for <6 ohms, the other for >6 ohms). And I'm using a mix of 4 and 8 ohms. When the tuning progressed to the back surround speaker, the tuning "beeps/tones" were generated - 10 tones, but the AVR went into the "Retry" error immediately after. Tried switching the back surroud speaker aroudn with the same result. I'm not sure what the issue is - probably due to the mix of 4 and 8 ohms speakers (not supported by the AVR?). I'd really appreciate some helps here. Thanks..

ps : I ended up disconnected the 2 back speakers and completed the tuning on the 2 fronts and 1 centre speaker with no problem. Love the sound heaps.......

macdiddy

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
hi there and welcome.

I've just had a look at the manual online and it shows on page 51 that you should be able to select 4 ohms for your surround speakers under speaker settings before you then run the audyssey auto-set up.

hope this helps.

*bye*

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts