Panasonic TH42PZ85B Motion Blurrrrrrrrrrrr!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi All, Anyone having problems with motion blur ? I am watching SD Sky+ but when watching the football the its terrible and seems to be getting worse! I Have an engineer calling today to see the set today from my local Panasonic retailer but wondered if anyone else had simular problems? Do these screens need time to settle in? or should it be perfect out of the box? Thanks All

A

Anonymous

Hi
Over 10 feet away!
Engineer just been and they getting me a new set.
Hopefully in next few days.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Check your settings, too - certain picture processing modes can make motion worse.

But do also remember you're asking your set to do a whole lot of on-the-fly upscaling to go from that SD picture to a Full HD screen....

A

Anonymous

Ahhhhhhh................. Makes you long for The wonders of CRT. No motion blur, deep blacks, light whites, bright as a button. I know , I'll get my coat.

A

Anonymous

Hi.
All settings checked and Panasonic engineer went through the setup etc.
Agrees that the motion blur and sometimes loss of the ball isnt as it should be,even to the point that the Sky Sports logo was flickering badly during panning shots.

As for the upscalling from sd to hd, this was something i made sure wouldnt effect the picture during the football espically, i did spend a lot of time in store watching football and rugby that had been recorded, to make sure i could live with any problems, and i have to say in store they had SD sky and HD sky both running and there were no visible issues with motion,so im sure this is just a one off.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
OK, just checking! But agreed, this does sound like a sick puppy.
emotion-6.gif

With the big TV manufacturers now selling several million sets a year, it's sad fact that the tiny percentage of duff units is going to represent significant actual numbers...

A

Anonymous

Thanks Clare,

All advice is welcome, and as a point of interest the engineer assurees me that a New Panasonic Plasma should only take a matter of a few hours to settle in and not several days as some people say!
And like you said sometimes a bad one gets through im just hoping the next one is ok.
Im sure it will.

Thanks Mark

TRENDING THREADS