Panasonic SC-PM50MD software reset and manual

Jun 13, 2021
Visit site
Hi all

I have bought a Panasonic SC-PM50MD mini stereo. When I connect the speakers directly to the amplifier the sound is muffled and very bad. I have tried connecting different speakers with the same result. One has told me of the same problem, but he use the line out for sound, and that works. A technician suggested that a software reset may be needed. But my manual is in Japanese, so I can't read it. Does anyone know how to reset a Panasonic SC-PM50MD? Or have a manual in either English or Danish?
I hope someone can help me :)

I hope someone can help me :)
I’m sorry to hear about your bad experience. Can the supplier not provide a manual you can read?
Correction - I’ve just realised this is an old model, vintage almost! Where did you buy it - can you send it back? I can’t believe a software reset, whatever that means, will affect the output of an old stereo. It’s probably faulty.

Welcome to the forum, and I regret I can’t be more help.

Reactions: Al ears

Gray

I can’t believe a software reset, whatever that means, will affect the output of an old stereo.
Neither can I.
Some of the old Technics models had separate high and low outputs for the speakers (they were bi-amped).
Connecting just to the low frequency pairs of those would certainly lead to the muffled symptom you've described.
(Technics used blue and grey as well as red and black terminals for each channel).

Can you confirm that you've only got the black and red terminals for each of your speaker outputs?
Maybe post a photo, as the only rear photo I found online was too blurred to see.

Jun 13, 2021
Visit site
I’m sorry to hear about your bad experience. Can the supplier not provide a manual you can read?
Correction - I’ve just realised this is an old model, vintage almost! Where did you buy it - can you send it back? I can’t believe a software reset, whatever that means, will affect the output of an old stereo. It’s probably faulty.

Welcome to the forum, and I regret I can’t be more help.
I got it from Japan, so it will be difficult to send it back. But the seller has agreed to pay for repair og the unit. The Technician looking at it, asked if I had a manual, and he talked about a software reset.

Jun 13, 2021
Visit site
Neither can I.
Some of the old Technics models had separate high and low outputs for the speakers (they were bi-amped).
Connecting just to the low frequency pairs of those would certainly lead to the muffled symptom you've described.
(Technics used blue and grey as well as red and black terminals for each channel).

Can you confirm that you've only got the black and red terminals for each of your speaker outputs?
Maybe post a photo, as the only rear photo I found online was too blurred to see.
It is red and black. But there is both phono and direct connection. And the speakers have both cables attached. Could it be that you have to attach both because of bi-amp? The unit itself is at a repair shop right now, so I cant try it.

Attachments

• DSC_0141.JPG
    DSC_0141.JPG
    241.3 KB · Views: 15

TRENDING THREADS