Panasonic Query -- To Clare !!

vinod_david

Nov 18, 2007
Visit site
Hi Clare. I'm from India, got a query actually. A few days back received my March issue of WHFSV magazine (Indian version). Actually, in 32" LCD Supertest, I very well know it was the Panasonic TX 32LXD700 that took part with other brands and got 5 stars; it was extensively discussed here in this forum also, but in Indian version of WHFSV, why is the caption reading as "Panasonic TX-32LMD70" where it should read as "TX-32LXD700", and the TV in the maganzine looks totally different from LXD700, and am also quoting what is said in mag "This is a new model to us, and as the price indicates, it offers a cheaper alternative to the TX-32LXD700-our current Award winner in the premium 32in TV category" ??, I am really confused here, so does it mean that in India what we get is only 32LMD70 and not 32LXD700. If LXD700 took part in Supertest in the UK why the same LXD700 is not published in Indian version. Pls also note that in India the lastest 32" Pana has an SD card slot, so is it LXD700 or LMD70. I was about to buy LXD700 from review and what we talked about here, until i saw WHFSV (Indian version). I'm on hold now. Thanx for reading Clare. Please help.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
I've passed this on to Ketan Bharadia, our Tech Ed, who deals with issues with this regarding licensed editions. I'm sure he'll check it out and get back to you.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
We're still investigating, and waiting to receive an issue from Mumbai so we can check it for ourselves. At the moment it looks like a mistake, but we're not sure until we can see the magazine for ourselves.

You're going to have to bear with us for a while, or maybe take it up with WHFSV India directly.

vinod_david

Nov 18, 2007
Visit site
I think its a mistake too, a very serious one. I'm quoting some lines from mag "So where have the cuts been made with this set? The picture processing of the two is very similar, with only the premium model's Motion Picture Pro tech...Both screens boast the same 1366x768 reso..." throughout the review "two" models of panas are always compared (LMD70 and LXD700), but I don't know why, as this is a Supertest for only "LXD700". Maybe, maybe one might think that an older model is pushed into the market under a well-written review. I will wait for a reply from you guys only. thanx for your time in this regard. cheers.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
What with the Easter holiday here and the post, could be a few days or more before we have an answer for you. I really think it's worth taking this up with the guys at WHFSV India - contact details are here.

vinod_david

Nov 18, 2007
Visit site
I have sent an email to Nishant of WHFSV India. I will wait for a reply from him. I would also like to know what the guys in WHFSV India is telling you in this regard, please can it be revealed? In the meantime, I hope you receive your Indian issue sooner for a detailed investigation.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
At the moment not very much - as you may know, the magazine has had a change of editor, and the issue you're talking about was produced before Nishant took over. He and we are trying to get to the bottom of what has happened.

vinod_david

Nov 18, 2007
Visit site
Andrew. After committing such a blunder knowingly or unknowingly the Indian team does not even care to reply my mail, I guess Nishant had received my mail two days back. Any development that you can reveal ?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
We're in the middle of a public holiday here - four-day weekend - but I know Ketan asked for an answer from the Indian team, who seemed to be saying it was something done by the previous editor, for reasons of which they didn't seem aware.

As I said, we're waiting to see an issue for ourselves.

A

Anonymous

God give them time to reply , you expect a reply in 5 hours or the next day when its easter holidays
emotion-7.gif

Even if it wasnt Easter you cant expect an answer the same day with a question like this , whats the rush?

Im sure youll get a reply next week once everything is back on track.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
The set in the March Supertest was the TX-32LMD70, and it got five stars. We also rated the LXD700 and LZD70 models as five stars, in previous issues.

With the exception of the change of price into local currency, the page in the UK magazine and that in the Indian one are identical.

Now even I'm getting confused as to why you're confused - but you got an answer, even on an Easter Sunday.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts