Panasonic PX70 and NTL Digital

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all and Happy New Year! Glad to say that after months of deciding and then waiting I took possession of my 42" PX70 just before Christmas and along with the PS3 the missus bought me for the big day am indeed a very happy camper with my new set up - thanks to everyone for their help with my decision. I do have one annoying problem though. I run the set through NTL digital with a Pace set top box. I have changed the setting on the box to Plasma TV and the aspect to 16:9 Widescreen and changed the Aspect ratio on the TV to Auto (have tried it on 16:9 too). The picture however seems to be coming through as if zoomed on several channels. I have tried the TV on different aspects and the stb on different picture formates but to no avail. Has anybody else experienced anything like this?

LOST

Nov 26, 2007
Visit site
Phone ntl (now virgin) and tell them your picture keeps freezing and going blank etc , then they will come round and change the old pace unit foc with a newer samsung one without even checking the old unit !! the old pace units are terrible so get upgraded to newer one by saying above !! i had loads of probs with the pace , changed to the samsung one and now i have the v+ box - brilliant .

northantsbloke34

Aug 19, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Meathman"]Hi all and Happy New Year! Glad to say that after months of deciding and then waiting I took possession of my 42" PX70 just before Christmas and along with the PS3 the missus bought me for the big day am indeed a very happy camper with my new set up - thanks to everyone for their help with my decision. I do have one annoying problem though. I run the set through NTL digital with a Pace set top box. I have changed the setting on the box to Plasma TV and the aspect to 16:9 Widescreen and changed the Aspect ratio on the TV to Auto (have tried it on 16:9 too). The picture however seems to be coming through as if zoomed on several channels. I have tried the TV on different aspects and the stb on different picture formates but to no avail. Has anybody else experienced anything like this?[/quote]

upgrade to v+ . it upscales the picture and looks great on our px70. Very impressed. We had pace box first and was ok but did get hot. Samsung box is better but i would go for the v+

A

Anonymous

I've got a TH-37PX70 and rescently bought the V+ box and it's made a huge difference from the old Telewest unit.

Obviously you get BBCHD which looks superb and even SD pictures are improved and without the ZOOM effect, also the sound is a lot better as the old unit was MONO.

I say go for a V+ especially if it's still half price, it's a doddle to record and play back, even my wife got the hang of it within 30 seconds!

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your advice folks. I am in Ireland so would be interested in hearing from anyone who has had experience of the NTL network here - its an absolutely awful service here in terms of reliability but the only show in town unless I want to put up a dish.

Has anyone in Ireland found these problems or changed / upgraded their set top box?

Thanks again

A

Anonymous

Yeah mate, I'm in Dublin (you'd never have guessed from my avatar!!!) and I just bought a Panasonic PZ70 last week which is stunning (with a good HD/ upscaled DVD picture), but the service and digital quality from NTL in ROI is deplorable and have the same problem with poor resolution and zooming. I don't know whether you've tried to change to their new digital recorder to see whether that's any better, but basically I'm switching to Sky HD so am not going to bother. Fed up with the brutal service and cable monopoly approach to improvements and performance. Hopefully the SKY deal will go through in the next week or so and can let you know if it's any better if you wish? All the best.

A

Anonymous

Hello there - I'm another Panasonic PZ70 owner, living in Dublin and availing of NTL. I upgraded to their Digital Recorder recently and have found the system very good. I had assumed that the problem of poor resolution/zooming with some channels is a factor of the broadcaster and not the TV box. I wonder now is this a correct assumption...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts