Panasonic GT30 rf adapter?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Forgive the stupid question but I'm connecting my panasonic GT30 for freeview and see from the manual that I need to use the rf adapter supplied between the rf cable and the tv.My question is why? What does it do? It simply has a standard rf male connector and one end and a female one at the other and so doesn't change the connection. Why not just plug the rf cable directly into the tv?Am I missing something simple here? Any help appreciated.

Sizzers

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
Your typical home made cable with the usual large aluminium plug won't fit, hence the connector (their term "adaptor" is something of a misnomer).

If your particular cable/plug will fit then you can plug it in directly.

A

Anonymous

Many thanks for your help.

If you don't mind another dumb question is it worth buying a thin flat Ethernet cable so that I can wrap it around the ferrite cores or are regular belkin Ethernet cables much better and not bother with the ferrite cores because the cable is too thick?

Sizzers

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
As I don't have my TV hooked to the PC I have absolutely no idea as I've not done any kind of comparison, although I would assume that it's dependent on each individual set-up in any case.

Is it the case that you already have the Belkin cable and the cores won't fit? If so then simply try it and see how you get on: if you are getting PQ/reception problems then perhaps see if you can find some larger size cores to fit, or a thinner cable as you suggested.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts