panasonic bdt 310 to onkyo 605...not showing dts master or dolby true hd lights?

A

Anonymous

hi all again

just got my new 310 and connected it to onkyo 605. when i played a bluray the onkyo just said hdmithrough....i was exxpecting new lights to appear on my onkyo and make me happy. i tried altering bitstream and pcm but no joy. do i need to change anything on my onkyo. i only connected with hdmi and no toslink. not got a 3d tv so only need 1 hdmi .

please help

thanks

looics

A

Anonymous

i have read the manual and turned off secondary.

i have tried both pcm and bitstream

A

Anonymous

I had exactly the same problem when I first set up my Panasonic DMP-BDT110 (I'm assuming that the 310 will be the same in terms of set up).

A couple of points first: I have my blu-ray player set to audio 'bitstream' out, so that the AVR does the audio decoding. Not all blu-ray discs default to HD sound, so some (not many) you have to go to 'Top Menu' and change the audio preference to HD sound.

Most important, though, is a setting on the DMP-BDT110 (310) that is set as default (crazy I know) that forces HD sound to be output as standard DD or DTS 5.1. The setting you need to change in the Setup Menu and Player Settings is:

'Sound' menu and 'Digital Audio Output' you must set 'BD-Video Secondary Audio' to 'Off'.

Also be aware that my Onkyo 609 has a 'Listening Mode Preset' and I have all the DD & DTS (including HD sound) lines for the BD/DVD set to 'Straight Decode'. Same for the CBL/SAT for my Syk+HD box. If you do change the 'Listening Mode Preset' you need to power cycle the Onkyo for it to take effect (from the remote will suffice).

Hope this helps.

Paul.

A

Anonymous

i have everything set to bitstream . the secondary audio is off.

im now thinking after research that the earlier onkyo 605 required a firmware update to sort out the unit not being able to decode master dts and true hd signal. have already do another post on this subject to see if anyone has this update. also emailed onkyo. i should hear from them before summers finished :) .

thanks for the help guys

looics

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts