Panasonic BD35 and HD sound problem

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Got a BD35 linked to a Yamaha DSP-AX763 with a QED-P hdmi cable.

Got my first BD disk - Iron Man - but, despite selecting the TrueHD sound option the amp is only showing DD.

Checked all my settings - output set to bitstream; resolution at 1080p for my display; secondary audio set to off; TrueHD audio selected from disk menu.

But, still no TrueHD audio indicator on the amp front panel!!

Done factory resets on both player and amp; swapped the cables around and double checked all settings - to no avail!!

Read some of the similar issues with the BD35 in other threads.

Any suggestions??

Thanks,

Andy.

A

Anonymous

I Have exactly the same problem. The only difference is that i have the Yamaha DSP-AX863SE.

Any suggestions would be very welcome.

Thanks

kena

May 28, 2008
Visit site
What firmware do you have on BD35 , Version 1.3 released Feb addressed "Stability of decoding for HD audio, etc. " whatever that means, so might be worth a punt...

A

Anonymous

Did the update - no help I'm afraid!

Thanks anyway!!

Andy.

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
Ensure the player's settings are all set to Bitstream and that secondary audio is turned off. I seem to recall this being the stumbling block with a few folks.

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
I had the same problem with my BD35 and my Denon 1909.

Basically. As above set to bitstream and secondary audio to off.

Next, the BD35 sometimes does not "see" the reciever as a HD device and defaults its VIDEO output to 480/576 this does not transmit HD audio.

Simple fix, enter the HDMI settings menu and dont choose automatic. Manually choose 720p or 1080p (whichever TV you have) and sit back and enjoy
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

Beginning to suspect that there may be a problem with the player.

Done the bitstream/secondary audio to off - triple checked!

Have tried changing the hdmi video output from auto to 1080p but

that didn't work either. The only thing I've not tried is another BD disk

and 2 are due from Amazon tomorrow. If that doesn't work I thinks it's back to the shop with the BD35!!

A

Anonymous

Just tried it out this morning with Batman (The dark Knight) it worked a treat. Wow what a difference. Thanks guys. Your help was very much appreciated. Can anyone recommend a good movie with DTS-HD Master Audio.

A

Anonymous

Hi Andy - I have the same system as you (and the same disk!) and you're not getting half the fun if you can't get the HD audio! Have reviewed what the other posters have said and it's all good stuff. The only things I can add are:

BD-35: HDMI Audio Output set to ON

763: Audio Select set to AUTO

Never had any issues with the Yamaha not picking the correct HD sound format (either Dolby True-HD or DTS Master Audio). Hope you get it all sorted soon!

A

Anonymous

solve the problem by playing the blu ray and then press audio in the middle of the pana 35 remote. Choose from menu of soundtrack the second option True HD or equivalent and blue HD audio light or equivalent to the Denon 2309 which mine is , will appear.

That worked for me on Dark Knight and I am legend

Pana 35bd , denon 2309 , b and w 685 theatre, teac 300 dab, Z 2's , sky hd , pana 37 HD , nait 5i, naim 5cdi/2, pmc db1, qed SA

nads

peebs:
solve the problem by playing the blu ray and then press audio in the middle of the pana 35 remote. Choose from menu of soundtrack the second option True HD or equivalent and blue HD audio light or equivalent to the Denon 2309 which mine is , will appear.

That worked for me on Dark Knight and I am legend

Pana 35bd , denon 2309 , b and w 685 theatre, teac 300 dab, Z 2's , sky hd , pana 37 HD , nait 5i, naim 5cdi/2, pmc db1, qed SA

Or just chose the HD track from the Pop menu.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts