HELP PLEASE. AMP TO PC

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, A few questions I need help with. I have an Onkyo TXNR807 amp and currently have the sound via the HDMI. The motherboard supports HD sound up to 7.1, which includes DTS-HD Master Audio™, DTS-HD High Resolution Audio™, DTS-HD Express, Dolby® TrueHD, Dolby® Digital Plus, Dolby® Pro Logic® IIz Decoding and THX.

(1)Can anyone please help as too what cable I would need to access the coloured audio inputs on the PC (yellow, green white etc representing the speakers) to go to the AMP or is HDMI audio the better one?

(2)Yes it has a SPIDIF, but hd AUDIO CANT BE SENT VIA HDMI OR AM I incorrect?

(3) I ask because when inputting via the PC Multichannel comes up and not DD or DTS-HD on the amp display, but it does with all my other kit (bluray player, ps3, Xbox etc. I have set the motherboard to HDMI audio and highlighted all the audio, DD, HD etc and set to bitstream, even the secondary, and highlighted the PC audio to HDMI. Am I doing wrong or will THE amp not show the DD, TRUE Hd AS IT'S a PC source like the old PS3 fats?

Thanks for all the help

Onkyo TXNR807>CHORD CRIMSON PLUS SUB cable>PANASONIC FULL HD 37" TV>CHORD SILVER SCREEN BANANA PLUGGED (BY CHORD) SPEAKER CABLE> QA 2000 SPEAKERS>CHORD SUPER HDMI 1.4v HDMI X7>TCI OPRICAL x1>QED COAX x1>SKY HD+>PS3>XBOX SLIM WITH CHORD CHRYSALLIS INTERCONNECT>WII>PC W7-6GB RAM DDR3-WITH 1,5TBHDD-i7 PRO-HD5870 GC x2-THX SOUNDCARD>PANASONIC DMPBDT-110

Ryan92

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
In answer to your first question, assuming it's the same sort of sound card as my old one, you would need 4 3.5mm to RCA cables (For 7.1), going into the multichannel analogue inputs on your amp. I'd imagine that's probably not the best option as the DAC in your receiver is probably better than the one in your PC. HDMI does carry HD audio formats, I'm pretty sure, whether or not your graphics card will output them is a different matter. I'd imagine not as they are used for just video in most PC setups . . If it does it will be somewhere in the manual. And if so it may need turning on in the software for the card.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for reply, its a new version of thx card and 5870HD with HD audio. Could you or anyone help point me in the direction or links to where I can get a compatible GOOD cable from for PC to AMP. And TRUE hd, dts HD, only via HDMI because Optical/digital coax or stereo inputs (red & white). The problem with this is that since you’re not using an HDMI cable you won’t be able to get TrueHD, DTS-MA, or Multi Channel LPCM tracks from your optical/digital coax or stereo cables. The reason is because the optical cable doesn’t support such high bandwidthsThe optical/digital coax cables only push out 2 channels of uncompressed audio LPCM 2.0. If you get 5.1 audio from blu-ray player using an optical cable it’s because TrueHD, DTS-MA, and other codecs are being down sampled to the standard dolby digital 5.1. The audio gets sent to the receiver and then the receiver decodes it as Standard 5.1 audio.

Could you or anyone help point me in the direction or links to where I can get a compatible GOOD cable from for PC to AMP.

indyjase

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
As its already been mentioned just connect the PC to the amp via any HDMI then follow the step by step guide in this link and you will be able to bitstream DTS-MA ect.. I use this all the time and it works like a charm as well as the software being free, both sound a picture quaility are great.

http:/www.mediaserver.net/2010/02/02guide-setting-up-bitsreaming-with-your-windows-7-htpc-part-1/

hope this helps!:rockout:

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the link but what do I click? HP HOME SERVER, FRAME PHOTO, PROXY SERVER, hp SERRVER RACKS, hp 9000, HP mediasmart home server, PS3 media srver, contact HP? Bare in mind my PC is Custom Built and not HP. Thanks please direct cheeers.

I know HDMI I can use wasnt sure if cable would give me the TRUE-HD-MSTR-AUD, now I know it has to be HDMI. iwould like however in my amps diisplay, rather than just multichannel displayed and just putting out 2.1 sound, not 5.1 DD or 5.1 true HD, DTS HD etc but display the correct sound out put. How do I set the bitstream, or do I need to contact the MB manufacturer or the SC THX card Manufacturer?

Onkyo TXNR807>CHORD CRIMSON PLUS SUB cable>PANASONIC FULL HD 37" TV VIA HDMI>CHORD SILVER SCREEN BANANA PLUGGED (BY CHORD) SPEAKER CABLE> QA 2000 SPEAKERS>CHORD SUPER HDMI 1.4v HDMI X7> x1>SKY HD+VIA TCI OPRICAL>PS3 VIA HDMI>XBOX SLIM VIA HDMI>WII VIA COMP>PC W7 ULTIMATE 64BIT VIA HDMI-6GB RAM DDR3-WITH 1.5TBHDD-i7 PRO-HD5870 GC x2-THX SOUNDCARD>PANASONIC DMPBDT-110 VIA HDMI

indyjase

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts