Panasonic 50vt30 Power Issue

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi All

I have the above Tv and need to extend the power cable in order to wall hang it. Unfortunately, it does not use a standard kettle connection- anyone else got round this? Just had my walls skimmed so moving power sockets isn't an option!

toyota man

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
Hi Jlynch1984 I think the way around this problem is to use an extention lead or cut the mains lead so its adout 600mm long and use a 13amp line connector and connect a longer lead as long as required with a 13 amp plug top on it a bit of a fath I know but I am not sure trying to replace the lead would be a good idea you local tv shop might do it for you be carefull though if its a new tv as it will affect your warrenty

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
Have you contacted Panasonic for advice on extending the cable?? I would not want to cut the lead unless it's a last resort but i do find it strange that the tv lead isn't long enough, i presume your sockets are some distance from the tv then which would mean you could run a simple extension lead to the socket and connect the tv to that although it will look a little messy.

If i remember correctly the GT30 i had did have a strange connection into the tv but i think it's just a safety feature to stop the lead being pulled out, i'm sure there will be a standard connection underneath it if it's the same connection but i would seek advice and contact Panasonic.

Apart from running an extension lead or cutting the power lead i can't think of any other way around it, i have the same issue and killed two birds with one stone and bought a tacima mains conditioner lead that extended to my kit rack and i plug into that with the bonus of decent power supply now getting to my kit. I've got plans to mount that to the wall and box it in so i can isolate all the power cables from all my other cables when i get the time and motivation.

A

Anonymous

Hi- thanks for the reply.

So I cut the cable (can it be before 600mm from the tv end?) and put it into the connector and the get a much longer cable and connect it to the other side of the connector?

toyota man

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
Mon, Aug 13 2012, 4:07PM#3 Jlynch1984 OfflineJoined: 13/08/2012Posts: 2RE: Panasonic 50vt30 Power Issue
Hi- thanks for the reply.

So I cut the cable (can it be before 600mm from the tv end?) and put it into the connector and the get a much longer cable and connect it to the other side of the connector?

Yes and yes it can be but its best not to make it to short .I think if I was in your posistion I would go for an extention lead:)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts