Panasonic 3D TV

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I caught a glimpse of the Panasonic 103" Full HD 3D plasma today at Westfield shopping centre in London. I thought the tv itself was great. I was sat at about 3m from it and it looked terrific. It would be pretty damn cool to have one of those at home. (shame about the price - one of the panasonic staff guys said it would cost around £60,000, though I thought it would be more).

I wasn't particularly overwhelmed by the 3D effect though. They showed 3 clips:

1. A car going round a race track

2. A few sports clips and the Beijing olympics

3. A trailer for Avatar

I saw James Cameron's Deep Sea documentary in 3D about 3 years ago and I seem to recall that the 3D effect came out of the screen quite a bit more. I also noticed a little bit of judder on the avatar trailer.

I'm still not convinced by 3D, it was ok, but not something I'd be in a hurry to buy and certainly not on a 'tiny' 50". The 103" plasma, however, is a different matter. Any chance What Hi Fi could do a competition with these as prizes?

A

Anonymous

You need to see Avatar to decide on 3D. I know Pana did the end to end authoring for this movie.

I am sold on 3D. I think this will put the Fun back into viewing and reviewing the 3D sets will need a new score card.

3D TVs are the 'lithum cars' of the future Cinema world. It's a big change and some purist will resist it but it will be a renewed family affair watching movies as it was in the pictureque cosy 50s air con theatre in 3D, History repeats itself.

Can't wait.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts