.. options to SKY, advise/help required

sheehanjuk

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
hi i'm wondering what are the best options to Sky? i dont have an tv aerial so cannot get Freeview, IPTV with MS hasnt launched yet so it seems this limits me to Freesat is that correct? Scanning over Freesat the name that keeps popping up is Humax but their kit is quite expensive with only a standard 1 year warranty. I require the same functionality as my Sky+ box. I wouldnt mind paying £200 for a great freesat box if that was the way to go but i would be expecting a 3yr warranty :O) any ideas or insights welcome.

fayeanddavid

May 27, 2009
Visit site
sheehanjuk:
hi i'm wondering what are the best options to Sky? i dont have an tv aerial so cannot get Freeview, IPTV with MS hasnt launched yet so it seems this limits me to Freesat is that correct? Scanning over Freesat the name that keeps popping up is Humax but their kit is quite expensive with only a standard 1 year warranty. I require the same functionality as my Sky+ box. I wouldnt mind paying £200 for a great freesat box if that was the way to go but i would be expecting a 3yr warranty :O) any ideas or insights welcome.

In terms of content, is there an option??

What is it you are looking to achieve?

sheehanjuk

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
fayeanddavid:sheehanjuk:

In terms of content, is there an option??

What is it you are looking to achieve?

ideally i'd prefer to have freesat rather than SKY coz u pay £20pm for the bog-standard channels bar Sky ones but be able to add a movie channel for say £10pm so no stand charge like there is for Sky plus get movies, i just dont see the value in Sky really.

IPTV would be ideal with a online movie library like Netflix but that doesnt exist here, it does in other countries. Lovefilm offer a very limited online service.

i'd like freesat box with the functionality of a Sky+ box if poss.

ukdavej

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
I'm pretty sure that for a one off charge of £20 (well thats what it used to be) you can use your existing Sky box (which is yours to keep) and just access the Freesat platform via Sky without a montly subscription. What you won't get I don't think is the retention of the Sky+ functionality of the box.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts