optical or analogue cable for Zeppelin

jimgallaher

May 23, 2008
Visit site
Just bought a B&W Zeppelin and an Airport Express. I'm currently streaming itunes and Spotify (using Airfoil) I'm currently using a cheap optical cable to connect the Zeppelin to the AE. Would I hear any appreciable improvement with a significantly more expensive optical cable ?

Thus far I'm hugely impressed with the Zeppelin, its a fantastic piece of kit. Not so impressed with airfoil/AE occasional dropouts, not sure why ? Any ideas ?

A

Anonymous

If your optical cable works, it's fine. There's no advantage in spending more.

As far as dropouts go, they're well documented on this forum and elsewhere. What OS are you using, and how frequent are the dropouts?ÿ

ÿ

jimgallaher

May 23, 2008
Visit site
I'm using Vista basic, came with my new laptop, can't say I'm totally sold on it, seriously considering installing XP pro. The drop outs happen every 5 or 10 seconds when I first fire up Airfoil, then it seems to settle and I get the occasional drop out , although on Itunes drop outs rarely happen. This would indicate my (g) network is ok ? I am thinking of upgrading to an N router, the Belkin N+ looks good, the usb connection would be excellent as I could have my music streamed to all my Networked devices, but I have heard there are issues with this router and PS3.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts