Oppotunity to get a ZT plasma

Series1boy

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
I have an Oppotunity to purchase a 2 year old ZT with 3 years balance of the warranty. It's not calibrated, but wandered if I'd see a difference between my calibrated VT and this ZT if I had it calibrated. I'm looking for improvements in black and shadow detail, so Is this a worthy upgrade?

im not interested in 4K yet, so not in a rush bevause it will be a couple if years in my opinion, before good and lots of content becomes available.

D

Deleted member 2457

Series1boy said:
I have an Oppotunity to purchase a 2 year old ZT with 3 years balance of the warranty. It's not calibrated, but wandered if I'd see a difference between my calibrated VT and this ZT if I had it calibrated. I'm looking for improvements in black and shadow detail, so Is this a worthy upgrade?

im not interested in 4K yet, so not in a rush bevause it will be a couple if years in my opinion, before good and lots of content becomes available.
The size difference will be incredible for a TV of this quality and it's better during the day too.

D

Deleted member 2457

How much money are we talking here? Because you could probably get near £900 for yours.

D

Deleted member 2457

The way I work it out on price is £500 more per 5-inches. So if you can get one for under £1000 more you are doing well in my opinion.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
FWIW. I would avoid Plasma when changing...not because of performance, but because they use a serious amount of power when compared to current LCDs.

D

Deleted member 2457

his dudeness said:
i doubt you would get anywhere near 900 for the vt,whats the price on the zt.
The VT has been calibrated. Perhaps £900 is slightly ambitious but I would look for £800 mininum.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Series1boy said:
CnoEvil said:
FWIW. I would avoid Plasma when changing...not because of performance, but because they use a serious amount of power when compared to current LCDs.

i can't see it being much more than my VT. What is FWIW :)
I realise that, but if changing...

FWIW...For What It's Worth

Series1boy

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
bigboss said:
Only for the larger size it may be worth the upgrade IMO, otherwise save the cash, put it in a savings account and get a 4K OLED in 2017.

im looking for 1080p picture improvement in dark scenes, is there a real difference between the ZT and VT?

Series1boy

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
Series1boy said:
CnoEvil said:

i can't see it being much more than my VT. What is FWIW :)
I realise that, but if changing...

FWIW...For What It's Worth

ha ha, thanks that's a new acrymin I've learnt! :)

D

Deleted member 2457

Series1boy said:
bigboss said:
Only for the larger size it may be worth the upgrade IMO, otherwise save the cash, put it in a savings account and get a 4K OLED in 2017.

im looking for 1080p picture improvement in dark scenes, is there a real difference between the ZT and VT?
Dark scenes can get a lot of reflection on them during the day on the VT but on the ZT during the day the black and detail is said to be better.

D

Deleted member 2457

Should add in a few reviews, here's the WHF one:

http://www.whathifi.com/panasonic/tx-p60zt65b/review

D

Deleted member 2457

This review talks about the daytime difference for black levels:

http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/panasonic-txp60zt65b-201305062961.htm?page=Performance

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
The ZT is the same panel as VT with a better filter and the bonding process so no gap between the panel and glass.

The major difference is its cleaner looking it's crisp like an LED but with all the magic of a Plasma and the best movement you will see on a plasma as a result

Slightly better blacks than the VT I think and it holds it black in ambient light really well.

It won't seem quite as zingy in its picture as the VT but you won't miss that if it's calibrated I don't think the panel driving is different it comes out of black slower

10 inch bigger is a lot bigger

It won't be blow your mind better but there won't be much that is now.

If your not bothered by 4k it's a really good TV

TRENDING THREADS