Oppotunity to get a ZT plasma

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
£1500 is a lot of money. I would rather save it for a 65-inch 4K OLED in the future. Samsung is coming up with its OLED next year. It's going to use a different technology to LG, definitely worth waiting for. Besides, it will have to compete with LG on price from the start. There's going to be an explosion of 4K content next year, there will be enough content worth upgrading for, in 2016/2017.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
It's not a lot of money for a tv of that quality

LG want 3500 more for their new 65 inch model I bet it's not that much cost difference better

Series1boy

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
If I could get a could price for my calibrated VT, then I don't think it's too much more of a waste of money. Although, I am in 2 minds and wandering what's round the corner next year, probably more expense if I wait for 4K OLED, BD player and probably a new AV reciever to match.

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Series1boy said:
If I could get a could price for my calibrated VT, then I don't think it's too much more of a waste of money.

If the difference between the VT sale price and ZT purchase price is £500-600, I'd say it's worth it for what is a reasonably small outlay in high-end TV technology terms.

There will be negligible improvement in picture quality, but the extra 10" will make a lot of difference. There are also teething troubles with 4K OLED and it'll be a few years before prices fall to relatively affordable levels.

Five-to-six hundred pounds doesn't seem a huge outlay for a few years of near reference viewing at a larger screen size. I guess you'd have to factor in the cost of another calibration, though.

D

Deleted member 2457

strapped for cash said:
Series1boy said:
If I could get a could price for my calibrated VT, then I don't think it's too much more of a waste of money.

If the difference between the VT sale price and ZT purchase price is £500-600, I'd say it's worth it for what is a reasonably small outlay in high-end TV technology terms.

There will be negligible improvement in picture quality, but the extra 10" will make a lot of difference. There are also teething troubles with 4K OLED and it'll be a few years before prices fall to relatively affordable levels.

Five-to-six hundred pounds doesn't seem a huge outlay for a few years of near reference viewing at a larger screen size. I guess you'd have to factor in the cost of another calibration, though.
Agreed.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
There is more than a small difference between the 2, my Dad has the ZT and I have calibrated it but not spent a huge amount of time with it but the differences are obvious and instant to see - dont even need them side by side - its much better

I wouldnt have sold the 65VT to go over to it, size always wins out but from a 50" yes please. No point going 4K OLED until they can do full HDR spec, which they are miles off for brightness from what I have read.

I think hold fire until you can by a TV with a wider colour space and / or one that at least does full HDR - otherwise your spending £thousands for still only a small gain really. And you need all new AV gear as well. Dust needs to settle first and see how many 4K Blu rays are even available to buy come June next year, might only be a handful so whats the point

Series1boy

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Thanks all for your advice. Think I'm going to stick with my VT for now because I need to also factor in calibration which hikes the price up more and the fact, you don't know if the ZT has been looked after or not...

D

Deleted member 2457

Series1boy said:
Thanks all for your advice. Think I'm going to stick with my VT for now because I need to also factor in calibration which hikes the price up more and the fact, you don't know if the ZT has been looked after or not...
Oh I was looking forward to some pictures.

TRENDING THREADS