oppo bluray player out july 1st

Page 8 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

I wouldn't wish to be seen as a salesman, merely a fan who spent quite a bit of time testing before buying. That's all.

EDITED BY MODS - attacking rival products is just more pitching

Still, I look forward to our player shootout, which I should remind anyone who's interested will be a blind test. Very exciting! I'll bring you the findings. We won't be awarding stars for value for money. We'll instead be looking at outright performance and ranking the players in order of competance for BluRay video, SD video, HDMI audio and Analogue audio. We'll test some CDs and SACDs as well. Players will be:

Denon DVD A1UD
Denon DVD3800BD
Denon DVD2500BT
Pioneer BDP LX-91
Sony BDP S-350
Sony PS3
Oppo BDP-83

The results will be what they'll be. I'll describe the accompanying kit nearer the time but at the moment it looks likely to be either a Pioneer Susano amp or an Arcam 888/777 Pre/Pro. Screen will be a Pioneer KRP600M and speakers PMCs all round and Velodyne sub. I'd call that comprehensive. No sign of any evangelists, just enthusiasts!!

Thanks Andrew.

This is madness, why would you lock the thread because I said you should be more on the side of the consumer? Why not just censor me and delete the whole post? Why lock the thread? Does talk of the Oppo upset What Hi-Fi SO much, that you decide to trample all over the concept of "free speech"? I wasn't rude to anyone, racist, offensive, so what possible moral right do you have to censor me?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts