Oppo BDP-831?

Page 47 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Is that, Sir, an obscure reference to the glorious Civil War battle of Point Moot?

600full-wild-wild-west-photo.jpg

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Tsk tsk.

I go away for just a week and when I return the greatest AV component in the history of everything has turned into this.

Has Will fallen on his sword or joined a monastery yet?

There will have to be a defining term for similar situations in future. 'Vaporware' (sic) doesn't quite do it because actual review samples got sent out.

I suppose 'Oppoware' or "doing an Oppo" will suffice for a fully realised and well-reviewed product that is in great demand and even has a 'following' but still gets scrapped before actually going on sale.

A

Anonymous

Perhaps this post should be put to bed as it now seems pointless, any way one last observation

Did they only produce 1 Oppo-BDP-831 and hock it round all the mags for review i.e, WHF , HCC and others

OR is there a warehouse full of UK ready Oppo 831's somewhere ready to be stolen by a band of unscrupulous dis-satisfied videophiles

prime to be sold on the black market for a premium?

Go figure

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:I know of at least three review samples being 'out there'...

Would yours up for sale?

At what premium?

I think the BDP-831 will be launched eventually, probably a few months down the line (although they would've missed the Christmas period). All the BDP-831s may have been stocked up in a warehouse, to be released when the player finally launches.

From what Oppo have said, the problem was not with manufacturing. And for an October 7 release, they would've made hundreds or even thousands of players. The problem was with the logistics.

hammill

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
Well I have ordered one from a well known UK importer and according to Parcel Force it is currently in Norwich, due to be delivered tomorrow. Impressions to follow.

Torres09

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Big Aura:I've been to Norwich. Did you know they have four Holiday Inns there. Impressive.

Not as impressive as having a Linton Travel Tavern, the home of the best DJ in Norwich FM.....Alan Partridge aaahhhaaa

hammill

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
gel:and the best football team in the world.So they have kidnapped Barcelona and hidden them in a Turkey shed have they? Strange that did not make the news.

A

Anonymous

JohnDuncan:maxflinn:phew , the end , im wacked ..

Well done. Do your stats match mine?er , after that , im scared to press that button , god knows where it may take me
emotion-56.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts