Oppo BDP-831?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
So then, now it seems to have broken cover for the UK are there anymore details such as why the model number difference?

Do we know what website address it will be sold from? Will it come with the setup discs the US version has?

And most importantly will it come with the handy shopping bag and if so, will any of you be seen using it to carry rocks to any future stonings? Will Clare be modelling it when you review it?
emotion-1.gif

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
If by 'modelling it' you mean 'taking the new Oppo home for a good long Blu-ray and multichannel-music fest', then quite probably
emotion-2.gif

Can't wait to give it a spin - we're holding our final Awards judging for BD players until we've had time to give it a good comparative going-over.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
The model number is a conspiracy between the greys and the illuminati.

The website address we have but there's no point in publicising it until it goes live.

Have it here and haven't even unpacked it yet so no news on shopping bag. Stonings are a thing of the past.

And keep up the good moderation work.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Andrew Everard:
The model number is a conspiracy between the greys and the illuminati.

I've heard the difference in model number is covered in this, which is released IN THE SAME MONTH
emotion-3.gif

10260306-the-lost-symbol-hardcover-by-dan-brown.jpg

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Since Ian_S has asked the question twice in two parts of the site, thought I'd better copy the answer over:

I guess the 831 might be to distinguish the official UK version from
the many parallel imports seemingly already sold, and indicate that
this one has official Oppo support in the UK.

A

Anonymous

I know you just got it in, so I'll try to be patient while you guys check it out. BUT.... please answer me 1 question: does the UK version have the same specs & connections as the US one?

I wonder, after reading about the Pioneer BDP-320 EUR/US differences...

Cheers,

skr1

Dec 2, 2007
Visit site
Andrew Everard:
Since Ian_S has asked the question twice in two parts of the site, thought I'd better copy the answer over:

I guess the 831 might be to distinguish the official UK version fromthe many parallel imports seemingly already sold, and indicate thatthis one has official Oppo support in the UK.

Oppo give one of the best customer care . Ask anyone who purchased the oppo 83 from Crt poor Henry.

As regard the stoning its early days yet depends on your Test/Review.

You know the saying where there's a Will ??? Or is IT...... Their Will?

A

Anonymous

Well, my first post on the comments took a while to appear, so I wasn't sure it would. However, thanks for answering it twice.

If it is because of the parallel import situation then I have little sympathy for Oppo, as Oppo SE should be having stern words with Oppo USA as they must be supplying these grey units. They were in decent supply before the unit was even publically released in the USA, so the problem is entirely of Oppo's own making IMO.

It will be very interesting to see what reception it gets in the UK HiFi press given the hype it generates around the net.

A

Anonymous

Well, I for one can't wait for the review.

And in time for the awards season too
emotion-5.gif

Yay! With the addition a user installed hardware modification taking this player MultiRegion for BluRay as well as DVD for only £50, this is looking to be the steal of the Universal Player season. I hope!

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
And I'm sure if you ask Will - who's not been banned, it seems - he'll be able to suggest a nice man who just happens to sell the mod. This is his cat, apparently...

lonecat.jpg

Here we go again...

BTW, BDP-831 now up and running, and blasting out ZZ Top's Live From Texas as a warm-up. Looking (and sounding) promising so far...

A

Anonymous

Hi Andrew, just wondering if it is DVD multi-region as standard?

skr1

Dec 2, 2007
Visit site
[:)
emotion-1.gif
Clare Newsome:
If by 'modelling it' you mean 'taking the new Oppo home for a good long Blu-ray and multichannel-music fest', then quite probably
emotion-2.gif

Can't wait to give it a spin - we're holding our final Awards judging for BD players until we've had time to give it a good comparative going-over.

No test on the Shopping Bag then? It could prove to be eco friendly, durable ,long lasting ,hardwaring and defensive against strong

councel, resiting all hype. Washable so what more could you want ? And it may play music perhaps it has strings. OOPS

latest on the grape vine is Shopping bag not included ?

HD Elvis

Jan 9, 2009
Visit site
Does the 831 look identical to the 83 then? I read somewhere there was a rumour that the uk version would be a watered down version of the US machine. Please say it isn't so!!

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
No, I can't sing in tune. And the spec looks identical, to the point that the player came without a manual, and so the Oppo people sent me a download of the BDP-83 one instead.

HD Elvis

Jan 9, 2009
Visit site
Andrew Everard:No, I can't sing in tune. And the spec looks identical, to the point that the player came without a manual, and so the Oppo people sent me a download of the BDP-83 one instead.

Thanks Andrew, any chance you could post some early impressions of the 831 here? Very keen to here how this compares to the 3800, 2500 transport and the lx91 for audio and pq in your opinion.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts