Opinions please.... Cyrus system

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi everyone

I am new to the forum but i have been reading the magazine for many years.

I have a Cyrus CD6s, Cyrus 8vs2, Dali Ikon 2 with qed silver anniversary xt single wire with mk1 airlock plugs and a qed quinex 2 interconnect.

I now need to buy some stands. Please recommend me some stands. I like the superdreadnoughts but wonder if mission stance stands would be good? Would i notice a big difference with the superdreadnoughts?

Finally, are my cables holding back the system? I am considering using cyrus biwire cable and interconnect if it will make a big enough difference to warrant the cost?

Thanks

Mike

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi Mike, and welcome to the site!

It's a sadly expensive answer, i'm afraid. The Cyrus cables do make a difference to the system, making the most of its potential, but i'd urge you to audition them (your local Cyrus retailer should be happy to oblige) before you buy, as only you can have the final say on their worth to you.

Re stands - the Mission Stancettes (aka the Soundstyle Z2s) are a great budget stand, but your Dalis deserve better. The Partingtons should offer a big step up in bass delivery, power, dynamics, stereo imaging and detail - again, they're showing more of the speakers' capabilities.

A

Anonymous

Clare

Thanks for the advice. I think it will have to be the superdreadnoughts then.

I plan to change the cables at the same time as adding an 8 power to bi-amp the dalis. Should sound amazing then.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
Somehow I get the feeling "I know nothing about HiFi because I am not using Cyrus!" may be it's a time to go out and demo to see what the fuss is all about.

A

Anonymous

Thaiman

I listened to many systems before buying the cyrus. Even the Roksan Kandy combo sounded like it cost half the price.

Cyrus in my opinion, for the price, unbeatable at the moment.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
I am open minded enough and will pop down to my local Sevenoak for a demo in the next few day. You did mention Roksan Kandy!!! I haven't heard any thing in that price range that wouldn't sound better than the bright and harsh kandy! I suppose I have a wierd hifi taste compare to others here!

A

Anonymous

I have now ordered my super dreadnought stands!

I am still stuck on the cables though. Clare, you said to go for a Cyrus interconnect and Cyrus cable. When I put this to my dealer he was keen to sell me QED XT400 cable with a QED silver spiral interconnect. However I want a biwire cable to biamp the 8vs2. So he suggested QED SAXT biwire.

What are your thoughts? Bite the bullet and go with the Cyrus cables/interconnect? I was thinking of changing cables at the same time as biamping for max effect.

Thanks

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
I hope that Clare doesn't mind I bud in on this. The only way to spend your cash on a wire, whether coppers, silver or gold!, is to demo with your gears. Dealer would try to sell you the best marked up items in the shops (this doesn't mean more expensive to you!) From my experienced the different in speakers cables can be heard quite clearly if you audition between silver and copper. I think Cyrus is using Oxigen free, thin copper cables but at the cost of £25 per metre!! so it will set you back £100 for 4 metre that is a very high price for cables that have so similar design to £7/metre DMN Reson.

I would compare them with the like of Chords and DMN at the dealer before, as you put it, "bite the bullet!"

A

Anonymous

Hey Mike,

Let us know how your systems sounds when it's up and running, i'll be getting a new stereo system before the end of the year and the CD6s/8vs2/Ikon2 is one package i'll shortlist.

What music do you listen to?

ta

jules.

A

Anonymous

Hi

The system sounds really good now, still needs to bed in though.

I am still undecided as to what to do with cables.

Decisions, decisions!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts