Open back + speakers

Onter212

Mar 16, 2023
Visit site
Hey, I have been into audiophile activities for about three years now, and bought a pair of sennheiser HD600s. About a week ago I had the "great" idea to purchase an audio splitter, so I could hear the speakers and headphones running at the same time. Turns out, it is the most open soundstage I have ever heard, even beating a pair of MEZE Elites. Wondering if anyone else has tried this, or if there are any pros / cons to it. I highly recommend it seeing has it blows my mind with every song I hear.

I can imagine it might give a type of ‘spaced out’ sound. That might be okay for synthetic mixes made entirely in the studio, where there is no reality. But if you like live recordings where you know the venues, or performances by orchestras, singers or soloists of non-amplified instruments it surely bears no resemblance to the original event.

I’ll pass, thanks.

matthewpianist

I can imagine it might give a type of ‘spaced out’ sound. That might be okay for synthetic mixes made entirely in the studio, where there is no reality. But if you like live recordings where you know the venues, or performances by orchestras, singers or soloists of non-amplified instruments it surely bears no resemblance to the original event.

I’ll pass, thanks.

I'm definitely on the same page as you here.

Reactions: nopiano

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts