John Duncan

5772de6c.jpg

fayeanddavid

May 27, 2009
Visit site
John Duncan said:

Nice...............very nice.

What of the remote, is it the grotty do it all remote Cambridge have been flogging for years (the one where the black markings come off of a silver background), or is there something more appropriate befitting such a quality product?

John Duncan

Big Chris said:
Wanna borrow some movies John?:)

You gonna bring 'em round? :)

fayeanddavid said:
What of the remote, is it the grotty do it all remote Cambridge have been flogging for years (the one where the black markings come off of a silver background), or is there something more appropriate befitting such a quality product?

From memory it doesn't seem quite as sturdy or nice as my old 640C remote, but it's better than many.

RodhasGibson said:
Ha,wait till you say darling I'm going to need at least another three speakers to make it sing :help:

Well I do have (thinks...) eight loudspeakers in the house. It's when I suggest that the centre has to be a DB1i-C (£600+) 'to maintain even tonality across the front three' that there'll be issues.

I should point out that no credit cards were harmed in the writing of this post*

*yet

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
So what is the whole story?

This thing's full potential is a bit wasted with a NaimUniti and a 32" Sony TV.

I assume you are planning a full-blown 5.1 (or 7.1) AV system with heeeuuuge 3D TV (or projector) to do it justice.

John Duncan

chebby said:
This thing's full potential is a bit wasted with a NaimUniti and a 32" Sony TV.

It is if it cost 800 quid, yes ;-)

chebby said:
So what is the whole story?

It's 'come into my possession' from a conversation I had with one of the CA boys way back when. I may have to give it back (boooo). However, in the meantime, gift horse/mouth.

I have a Yamaha with 6-channel input so can use the analogue outs to get all six channels of HD from the CA, and can experiment with multichannel DVD-A (though that's unlikely) and Bluray Audio (likely), though more likely with four speakers rather than 5-8. I can research whether an AV receiver with lots of power can match a dedicated stereo with 'not enough watts', just to annoy people. It handles streaming (in a prosaic way) and it has a better WAF than the Sony.

Oh, and comes in a cool little blue velvet bag.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts