Increase in food and takeaway food prices!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Gray

It is mate. 14 stone now from 16 stone. That’s about average for my age and height in the UK. 😎. Yes, I am done with the diet now but will keep my intake to a minimum. Just about eating sensibly and doing the things I have learnt on here and which I have learnt along the way.

My fitness and heath ladies were attending a conference on health for people with mental illness and they wanted me to do a speech because they were so pleased with me. Couldn’t quite cope with going but I typed out a speech and gave it to them. I will be finding out this Tuesday for my injection how it went.
Excellent 👍
I'm pleased for you.

Reactions: Bruiser
Visited our village butchers and greengrocers. Much cheaper than the supermarkets

3 x chicken legs; 6 x rashers of streaky bacon; 1 x large sausage roll

3 x large portobello mushrooms
1 x celeriac (Zombie brain)
3 x medium carrots
1 x bag of fresh rosemary

Marinated the chicken in garlic, turmeric, juice of half a lemon, rosemary & thyme & olive oil.

Cooked with onions, little passata and served with frozen veg

That lot from the butchers and greengrocers came to just a tad over a tenner. Two days meals

Attachments

• 20230524_150050.jpg
    20230524_150050.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 2
  • 20230524_144356.jpg
    20230524_144356.jpg
    301 KB · Views: 2
My gob has been well and truly smacked and my flabber utterly ghasted - the Co-op's excellent farmhouse wholemeal, of which I have just bought three, has fallen from a quid to 85p.

Almost felt the need to have a receipt so that I could prove I wasn't delusional...

My gob has been well and truly smacked and my flabber utterly ghasted - the Co-op's excellent farmhouse wholemeal, of which I have just bought three, has fallen from a quid to 85p.

Almost felt the need to have a receipt so that I could prove I wasn't delusional...
Our local Co-op really hiked the price on 240 Tetley tea bags to £8. A couple of weeks later they dropped the price £5 and it's gone back to £8. Confused? I am.

doifeellucky

Our local Co-op really hiked the price on 240 Tetley tea bags to £8. A couple of weeks later they dropped the price £5 and it's gone back to £8. Confused? I am.
I’m sure it’s an acknowledged marketing strategy. At some point you’ll probably want tea bags, recall the reduced price, and do a shop there. Or perhaps it’s just stock with a limited shelf life they need to offload.

When I was young I always thought the Co-Op was more budget oriented, as my Gran used to shop there, but these days their prices are more in line with Waitrose.

GracieJordan

Dec 24, 2023
Visit site
Just stumbled upon this forum and couldn't resist chiming in. So, here's the scoop: I've recently jumped on the DIY food train due to the crazy increase in takeaway prices. My go-to? Homemade beef and lentil burgers, sans breadcrumbs and egg – keeping it all-natural, you know? They're not just budget-friendly but also fresher and tastier than any fast-food joint. Oh, and don't get me started on my triple-cooked chips – crispy heaven! Who else is embracing the natural foods vibe? Excited to swap recipes and tips with you all – new on this forum and ready to dive into the foodie goodness!

Last edited:
Reactions: Gray

Gray

Just stumbled upon this forum and couldn't resist chiming in. So, here's the scoop: I've recently jumped on the DIY food train due to the crazy increase in takeaway prices. My go-to? Homemade beef and lentil burgers, sans breadcrumbs and egg – keeping it all-natural, you know? They're not just budget-friendly but also fresher and tastier than any fast-food joint. Oh, and don't get me started on my triple-cooked chips – crispy heaven!
Enjoy your Christmas dinner Gracie 🎄

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts