Onkyo TX-SR605 and KEF KHT 1005 Speakers - Is this a good combo?

Kasee

Oct 15, 2007
Visit site
Hi I'm currently updating my home cinema system.

For the amp I was looking at the Onkyo TX-SR605 which seems to have had loads of good write ups, but I wasn't sure on speakers.

I've been looking at the KEF KHT 1005.

Will these match the amp or can you recommend something better for the same sort of price?

Also can you recommend some good budget cables for connecting the TV/XBox, Speakers, DVD recorder and Skybox (Non-HD).

I know there are a lot of questions, but I'd really appreciate someone throwing me a lifeline in this ocean of options!

Thanks,

Sean

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi Sean,

You'd be underselling that receiver with the baby KEFs, i'm afraid. If you can wait a couple of days, we've got lots of system-building suggestions in our Awards issue (out Thursday), including cables....

Kasee

Oct 15, 2007
Visit site
Hi Clare,

Thanks for the quick answer and your guidance!

I'll buy the issue out on Thursday.

Hopefully it'll point me in the right direction.

Sean

A

Anonymous

I'm also really looking forward to the awards issue on Thursday.

I was thinking of pairing the B&W 600s (685s and 686s) with the Onkyo 605. Would these go well with that amp? I was also considering upping my budget to the Onkyo 705. Do people think it's worth the extra over the 605?

Alantiggger

Oct 14, 2007
Visit site
Hello guys, I too have now got around to thinking that i need to up-grade my system. My t.v options are hurting a little (though I'm getting there)but now this ...

I have the tannoy arena speakers with stands which are brand new (hardly ever used which has been a shame) but I was wanting to know if this same Onkyo 605 would pair with them well ?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts