Onkyo TX-SR 608 HDMI drop out??!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Ive had the Onkyo amplifier for 2 days and already ive experienced the skyhd box dropping out from one of the hdmi inputs?! Ive tried another lead...made no difference. So i tried the sky box going into another hdmi input channel and everything is fine!?

So it must be the Amp? or the changeover selector within the unit?

Has anyone else had any similar problems?

The sound is amazing and im really pleased with the unit, its just a shame i have this problem?

Obviously i can take it back for a refund/exchange, i was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this?

cheers,

Matt

sonycentre

May 30, 2009
Visit site
You do know that you will not get any 5.1 surround sound from using a hdmi cable from your sky hd box.what you need to do is connect a optical/digital coax cable from your sky hd box to your amp,then run a hdmi cable from your sky hd box direct to your tv.then go into your settings on your sky remote,select sound settings then dolby digital needs to be set to on.Hope that helps.

A

Anonymous

I appreciate your comment but im already running the sound through the digital inputs. Im only running 2 large front speakers and is set to stereo until I expand the system. The HD is coming from both sky and ps3 into av rec and out to TV. However, the channel that the sky hd is coming into keeps dropping the signal to the tv, i have plugged the sky into another channel and the signal never drops!! If i put it back into the same channel...same problem. When it does this "HDMI" flashes as if the unit is not receiving a signal, but then after a short while it sorts itself out again!?

Just wondering if anyone has had any similar problems or any advice.

A

Anonymous

Hi - i've just seen exactly the same issue on my SR608 with the BD/DVD input. Just seemed to come back on its own. I've had it a couple of weeks. Did you ever find out the cause? Cheers Andy

A

Anonymous

Hi, I've got the exact same issue when using my Sony BDP-S370 Blu-ray disc player... Returning the unit for service repair did not solve the issue. Apparently, they were not able to reproduce the issue.

Funny enough, it seems not to be on all input channels this occurs.

Regards

A

Anonymous

Have you tried turning off HDMI control feature, sometimes it's causes more problems than it solves.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts