Lost audio from Onkyo AV Receiver & same with RS replacement

Heds

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I'm going a little mad here as nothing is making sense.

I have a Humax box, Sony Blu-Ray & CD player (not HDMI) going into my Onkyo TX-NR414 and out to 5 speakers and my TV.

We went away for the w/end and came back and there was no audio. I tested everything I could think of. Checked cables, both speaker and HDMI, tried headphones instead of speakers, reset the Onkyo to factory but still no sound.

Going direct from the sources to the TV works fine and I get audio so I know the source and HDMI work.

I took the AV back to Richer Sounds, got a duff replacement unit that wouldn't even switch on, took that back and now have another unit (Pioneer VSX-329-k) but still no audio. So it's exactly the same problem.

I've now checked all the speaker cables, tested with another tv, double checked that the sources all work with audio directly into the TV. Made sure the Front speakers are plugged in, tried different speakers in the front outputs in case my speakers have died, brought a spare speaker from the garage, tried with headphones, tested with new HDMI cables. Double checkd the Pioneer website to see if I've missed anything. Nothing.

I'm totally at a loss now as I've either been lent a AV receiver with exactly the same problem as mine or something else is up but I can't work out what as I think I've isolated and tested everything.

All help appreciated as I'm starting to go a little mad.

Thanks,

Heds.

abacus

Make sure there are no stray strands of cable where the speakers and/or speaker terminals are terminated causing a short, thus the amp is shutting down to protect itself.

Make sure you have assigned the correct inputs for the HDMI cables you have connected.

Try pluging the output of the TV into the receiver and everything else into the TV to see if this solves the problem. (This will identify if it's a connection problem)

The fact that two different AV Receivers have the same problem is unusual but not impossible, so go back to RS and try them out with their equipment, as that way you will be able to identify if it is the receiver thats faulty.

Hope this helps

Bill

Richer Sounds

Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
Heds said:
Hi,

I'm going a little mad here as nothing is making sense.

I have a Humax box, Sony Blu-Ray & CD player (not HDMI) going into my Onkyo TX-NR414 and out to 5 speakers and my TV.

We went away for the w/end and came back and there was no audio. I tested everything I could think of. Checked cables, both speaker and HDMI, tried headphones instead of speakers, reset the Onkyo to factory but still no sound.

Going direct from the sources to the TV works fine and I get audio so I know the source and HDMI work.

I took the AV back to Richer Sounds, got a duff replacement unit that wouldn't even switch on, took that back and now have another unit (Pioneer VSX-329-k) but still no audio. So it's exactly the same problem.

I've now checked all the speaker cables, tested with another tv, double checked that the sources all work with audio directly into the TV. Made sure the Front speakers are plugged in, tried different speakers in the front outputs in case my speakers have died, brought a spare speaker from the garage, tried with headphones, tested with new HDMI cables. Double checkd the Pioneer website to see if I've missed anything. Nothing.

I'm totally at a loss now as I've either been lent a AV receiver with exactly the same problem as mine or something else is up but I can't work out what as I think I've isolated and tested everything.

All help appreciated as I'm starting to go a little mad.

Thanks,

Heds.

Hi there,

I was sorry to read you’ve been having problems with your new system and offer my sincere apologies.

So that I may investigate further and attempt to resolve the matter to your satisfaction would you be so kind as to e-mail me with some more details via the below address?

John.p.clayton@richersounds.com

Once again, I offer my apologies, I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Many Thanks

John Clayton

Operations Director

Richer Sounds

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts