Onkyo PR-SC886

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Just wondering if anyone has experience of the Onkyo PR-SC886 preamp/processor. I intend using it with Classe power amps and B&W 803d based speaker system. I am currently using the Onkyo TX-NR905 receiver and I think the pre/pro would be a significant improvement as well as running much colder and using less electricity.

A

Anonymous

I've recently bought the Onkyo 886 to replace my ageing Marantz A/V 7300, which I was using as preamp processor. With the Onkyo, I guess I now have a quite decent HD processor (for the price).

Don't know how it compares to the Onkyo 905. But it DOES NOT run hot, at least not as hot as i've been told Onkyo A/V amps usually run.

Don't know yet about HD decoding because I'm (eagerly) waiting for the release of the forthcoming Oppo Universal BD Player. But DTS/DD decoding is great. I believe, better than with the Marantz.
Not to mention video upscaling.

Hope it helps.

A

Anonymous

I'm using the Classe CP500 pre amp and the CA3200 power amp for stereo and the centre speaker in home cinema mode. I'm using Primare 30.2 for surround. My main speakers are B&W 803ds and the HTM2D Centre. Its a really great sound in stereo - great soundstage, clarity and detail as well as a hugh dynamic range. I'm not going to go for the SSP-800 because of its cost - also surround sound processors seem to go out of date very quickly so its more sensible to use somehting like the Onkyo PR-SC886 and I'm pretty pleased with the sound from my current home cinema set up - it has huge dynamic range and doesn't struggle when it has go go loud! Yes, a review would be great.

A

Anonymous

Thanks melomaniac. You've got a nice system and sounds like the PR-SC886 might do the job for me. Any other experiences?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts