Onkyo / Panasonic set up - please help - no hair left!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am desperate for some help here. I have a Panasonic TH42PX80 plasma and a Panasonic DMR EX768 DVD / recorder. All was fine but I wanted surround sound. I have a 5.1 Mordaunt Short speaker set from a previous system and bought a soon to be discontinued Onkyo TX SR605. Try as I might I can't get sound from the DVD to come out of the Onkyo. HDMI cables are connected from the DVD to the Onkyo 'HDMI in' and then from the Onkyo 'HDMI out' to the plasma. I know the cables are fine because I can get sound from the DVD to come out of the TV speakers by setting the Onkyo HDMI Audio out to 'on'. Usually of course it is set to 'off' though. The speakers are fine as the Onkyo auto setup worked, the Audio test Tone works and the Onkyo tuner works - in all cases sound coming from all speakers. I have set the plasma to AV HDMI1, the Onkyo HDMI Monitor setting is 'yes' and I have assigned the Onkyo HDMI Input / DVD to HDMI 1 and as such when the Onkyo input display is set to DVD I can see the DVD picture or the Onkyo instructions on the plasma fine. BUT THERES NO SOUND!! I am desperate - PLEASE HELP. Cheers - Adrian

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts