Onkyo 875 HDMI Output Issues - Please Help

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have a Onkyo 875 connected as pre-amp to Marantz mm-9000 amp. The components connected are Pioneer 1080pupconverting DVD, JVC Cassettte player, Ps3(80GB), Akai CD receorder. I am connecting this to a standard 21" TV and Optoma 720P HD projector.

In Onkyo SD audio and Video works Fine, i really love the sound quality.

But my HD seems to have a problem, any of the HDMi Input(1,2,3) will not give any output thru HDMI. I have done all confirugration. I am able to upscale all the SD (component composite and s-video) and output is fine, sometime comes in pink shade once i change my input and comeback it is fine.

I try connect my Ps3 thru HDMI and HDMI output to my porjector. when i choose the source in the receiver, the HDMi blinks and say "no display"( same case for my DVD also). it doesn't deduct the hdmi sources. if i connect my HDMI to ps3 directly to projector. it works fine. Intially i thought it is a hardware problem. but when i took it to the service center it works fine. i tried connecting to a blu-ray and DVD thry hdmi and HDMi is fine.

I need help to set this video configuration.

margetti

May 29, 2008
Visit site
Not at home so trying to remember off the top of my head... on the "HDMI Input Setup" what is your "hdmi monitor" setting set to? Try changing that... also, what resolution are you outputing on?

A

Anonymous

My HDMI MOnitor is set to "yes". I can see my onkyo receiver menu, SD thru HDMI scaled to 720p. i set my resolution to 720p as my project native resolution is 720p.

grdunn123

Sep 24, 2007
Visit site
A bit of a shot in the dark....I know the Onkyo range from around this time had HDMI board problems - I had one and had it replaced under warranty. I'm pretty sure the 875 was prone to this too - have you had the board replaced?

TRENDING THREADS