Onkyo 605 settings *Please Help*

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am a novice to recivers and setting them up. Its all set up now but not sure of which are the best settings.

I have both ps3 and sky hd connected via qed optical leads. First is this best way

Then when watching a film are you just best pressing movie to

all ch st

neo:6 cin DTS

you may laugh but new to this

regards

A

Anonymous

hey mike, ive got an onkyo 605, ps3 and a panasonic plasma so here goes.

The best way to connect the ps3 and the sky hd to the amplifier is via the hdmi connection, i tried optical cables and to be honest using the hdmi one for all cable was easiest and best.

Then connect the hdmi out to your tv.

Once connected follow your manual to assign the "dvd" button to the ps3 be it hdmi input 1 or input 2.

Do the same process to assign the sky hd to the "tv" button.

To set up your ps3, run the sound setup from the system menu and use the automatic setup.

Try playing a film now on your ps3 and it will display like LPCM. This means your ps3 is doing all the decoding work and no need to mess about with sound settings, giving you the best sound you need.

Hope this helps, any other questions fire away.

A

Anonymous

another quick one don't you only get 1080i instead of 1080p for the picture though because the reciver don't do 1080p

A

Anonymous

If you look at a couple of my old threads, you will find my settings for the amp (if it is of any help to you).

A

Anonymous

Nope you get full HD 1080p if your bluray player is outputting 1080p. what it wont do is upscale dvds to 1080p.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts