Onkyo 605 set up query?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi Novice in need of assistance. Ive finally managed (thanks to the forum) to get my Toshiba Ep30 to send a Dolby Digital signal to my Onkyo 605. When the Bourne Supremcy HD DVD loads up the Onkyo recognises and displays Dolby Digital but it doesnt show the "D +" sign. Should and if so how do I get to send DD+? The HDDVD says its in Digital Plus. Any thoughts would be great. Thanks Mark

A

Anonymous

How are you sending the audio to the Onk mate? If by optical out you'll only get Dolby Digital, and if by HDMI then i think only the PCM light will illuminate. I think that's right anyway lol

nads

So what are your settings?

if i have my EX1 connected to my Onk with HDMI then i get the logos light up with the following settings on the Tosh.
Digital Out SPDIF---> Bitstream

Digital out HDMI---->Auto

Digital Direct Audio Mode----->On

Dynamic Range Control------>Off

Dialog Enhancement------>Off

A

Anonymous

I'm guessing that to get DD+you'll have to use the hdmi output for audion, rather than optical; with the settings Ndas mentions.

A

Anonymous

Hi

I have it all set to as above but dont have an option to set "Digital Direct Audio Mode".

I have tried the others as set above, but if I set it through HDMI (as opposed to Optical) I now only get PCM Multi-Channel. I have also tried turning them on in different order (as other posts suggested) but still only get PCM Multi-Channel.

I get DD if I change it to Optical.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Mark

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
The EP30 can "only" send the later HD sound formats through HDMI uncompressed. This means the Dolby Digital + decoding is done by your EP30 and sent to the amp as PCM. When the amp receives this therefore, it lights up PCM as this is the signal it's receiving. I say "only" in the quotation marks as PCM is uncompressed and is therefore a good quality sound. This is your best option for listening to high-def sound formats through this player.

You will only ever get the old Dolby Digital or DTS sound formats through optical as this connection is not capable of sending the HD sound formats.

A

Anonymous

Thanks very much for that - clears things up and stops me banging my head against the wall!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts