RECOMMENDED AMP AND TURNTABLE SET UP FOR THE DALI ZENSOR 1 SPEAKERS??

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi Folks Im looking for some good advice on what will hopefully be a great sounding turntable set up! Im new to all this and need some help as Im one of these dumbass people who thought if you just bought 5 star rated seperates you would be guaranteed great sound. From what ive been reading you need the right blend. So basically ive got the Dali Zensor 1 speakers and i need to team them up with an Amp and Turntable im not looking for anything else but a great sound so I can give my Records finally the justice they deserve. Im not interested in linking the amp to anything else but the turntable. My music taste is mainly Metal but Im fond of some acoustic stuff also so a good all rounder would be suitable perhaps. My budget will be around the £500/£600 mark and the plan is to have a medium sized room totally dedicated to playing my tunes. Many thanks!!!!

lpv

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
RAWHEAD REX said:
Hi Folks Im looking for some good advice on what will hopefully be a great sounding turntable set up! Im new to all this and need some help as Im one of these dumbass people who thought if you just bought 5 star rated seperates you would be guaranteed great sound. From what ive been reading you need the right blend. So basically ive got the Dali Zensor 1 speakers and i need to team them up with an Amp and Turntable im not looking for anything else but a great sound so I can give my Records finally the justice they deserve. Im not interested in linking the amp to anything else but the turntable. My music taste is mainly Metal but Im fond of some acoustic stuff also so a good all rounder would be suitable perhaps. My budget will be around the £500/£600 mark and the plan is to have a medium sized room totally dedicated to playing my tunes. Many thanks!!!!

Rega Brio r - £500 (looks like over your budget) so Marantz PM6005 £299 or used PM6004 about £200

Rega RP1 £230

I would sell Zensor 1 and get Zensor 3 instead £299

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
RAWHEAD REX said:

I would strongly recommend that you try and increase your budget.

Record playing systems rely on decent mechanical engineering and that does not come cheap, neither does a decent phono stage. A Rega RP3 or the equivilent Project offer more than the real entry level players and combine with a Rega Brio R amplifier.

You will also need a proper support for the turntable and stands for the speakers.

This may well cost rather more than you are planning to spend but a this level and with a vinyl playing systen, big improvements are to be made for relatively modest extra expendature.

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
davedotco said:
RAWHEAD REX said:

I would strongly recommend that you try and increase your budget.

Record playing systems rely on decent mechanical engineering and that does not come cheap, neither does a decent phono stage. A Rega RP3 or the equivilent Project offer more than the real entry level players and combine with a Rega Brio R amplifier.

You will also need a proper support for the turntable and stands for the speakers.

This may well cost rather more than you are planning to spend but a this level and with a vinyl playing systen, big improvements are to be made for relatively modest extra expendature.

+ 1 with every word in it!!! :grin:

if you really can aford to spend so much, please keep the Brio R and go for a RP1...

... Or find a Brio R and RP3 second hand... 8)

RAWHEAD REX

May 7, 2014
Visit site
Hey thanks very much for your advice!! I have seen a Brio R second hand its described as in Good Condition and I would save about £100. Is there anything I should worry about buying second hand Amps or would you recommend just buying it brand new? I would be gutted spending a substantial ammount of money then for it to break down when another £100 would have gotten me a new one. Thats the risk you take i guess!!

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
If it is in full working conditions there SHOULD be no problems...

best to buy from a Hi-Fi shop, you always have someone with a open door to solve your problems.

Make sure that all inputs work...

ErikM

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
OK.. I paid $1400.00 dollars for mine about a year or so ago.. that's with the phono.. or about 835. pounds it's really a nice little budget amp..That certainly plays well above it's price point..

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts