Onkyo 605 or Sony DA2400ES? Is it me?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have just bought a Sony DA2400ES to match my upgraded speaker M/S Mezzo 6's and QED XT to QED Revelation wire. I have kept the same Sub woofer at the same settings.

It has been 24hrs and my initial reaction is, did I really need to upgrade? Don't get me wrong it wasn't an impulse buy, i researched the amp well enough but my dissasfaction comes from these points. Although it has more clarity and finesse and midrange, it seems to lake the punch and attack of the Onkyo 605.

Is this just me, have I configured it wrongly. Any suggestions please?

cram

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
Probably not the answer you want but I don't think that the Sony is a big upgrade (if any) on the Onkyo, sorry. The Onkyo amps tend to be more muscular whilst I would say the Sony is more musical.

A

Anonymous

The Onkyo 605 is a muscular amp. It was rated very highly by many magazines and is not far of from my 875.

A great amp, and in my opnion, definitely better than the Sony.

A

Anonymous

I have the Onkyo 605 and I love it to bits. I tied a Sony 820 and a Yamaha 763, but picked the 605.

I like it's authoritative nature and the fact that it was great with my previous speaker set up, the JAMO A102 HCS5 and absolutely superb now with my Mordaunt-Short Carnival.

It is better than it's replacement, the 606.

A

Anonymous

Keep the Onk, sell the sony?

I know someone who would be interested @ the right price ...
emotion-5.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts