new AV Receiver Onkyo TX-NR717 or Denon AVR-X1000

billkeftes

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone,

been reading the forum for a while but just decided to post for the first time as i am in need of opinions for a new receiver i am purchasing..!

i currently own the cambridge audio azur 540r (v2) so no hdmi, no auto-setup, no network no a lot of things thus i finally decided to upgrade, and since i ve recently purchased some KEF's (C-series) the receiver is next..

what i want - besides the connectivity features i mentioned above- is to actually connect the receiver and FEEL that i spent money and actually got an upgrade in the sound i am hearing! my cambridge audio has served me well but i guess any receiver which is 10+ years newer must be able to achieve this..

as the tittle of my post suggests i am between the Onkyo TX-NR717 and the Denon AVR-X1000 as they are both in the same price range nowadays

i am mainly interested in your opinions between the two receivers but any other suggestions in the same price range are more than welcome

the onkyo has more watts, it has video upscalling features, more channels but an older audyssey than the denon and is also slightly more expensive, also very much like the design of the onkyo's over the denon's

since my old CA didnt come with audyssey i am not actually familiar with the difference an older version of it would make compared to the newer XT

i appreciate any input in the matters, thanks in advance

drichardb

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
billkeftes said:
as the tittle of my post suggests i am between the Onkyo TX-NR717 and the Denon AVR-X1000 as they are both in the same price range nowadays

You sure about that? Just done a bit of hunting and the Denon comes in around the £350 mark and the Onkyo £600+

Also the Denon is clearly aimed at the beginner market (it's only 5.1 and has limited connectivity) whereas the Onkyo is a veritable powerhouse by comparison.

billkeftes

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
yes, more or less, see the onkyo has just anounced their new 2013 series (525,626,727 and so on) and massive sales on their last years models have started appearing everywhere

(eg:http://www.schlauershoppen.de/onkyo-tx-nr-717-black-7-2-channel-av-network-receiver/)

having said that, i now started concidering the 525 and 626 models as well!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts