Onkyo 605 and BD 5.1

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi I'm currently runnig a PS3 Slim as my BD player and a Onkyo 605 as my Amp, the question is when watching a BD with a 5.1 sound track (still struggling to find many 7.1 BD's) can the Onkyo process the soundtrack to allow 7.1 sound. I ask because when watching a normal DD or DTS soundtrak the amp displays EX2 etc but this is not the case when watching a BD with a HD sountrack (the rears don't work but the surrounds do).

Do i need to upgrade my amp to a better model to achive this and if so any ideas, does anyone know when the HDMI 1.4 equiped amps will be released because I'm sure i can hold off on an upgrade if not to long.

Thanks for any advice.

Panasonic th-46pz85b - Onkyo 605 - Q-AV 7.1 - PS3 Slim - Xbox 360 - Wii

A

Anonymous

dom100:
Hi I'm currently runnig a PS3 Slim as my BD player and a Onkyo 605 as my Amp, the question is when watching a BD with a 5.1 sound track (still struggling to find many 7.1 BD's) can the Onkyo process the soundtrack to allow 7.1 sound.

Yes, it can. In order for the amp to do this, it will need to 'recognise' that you do infact have 7 speakers - this is detected when you use the microphone to caibrate the speaker settings.

GoogleSearchIconShadow.gif
SuperSearchIconShadow.gif

A

Anonymous

Hi, i have run the mic and the auto setup to get the speaker distances etc but it got the crossovers completely wrong i think (my lounge has a vaulted ceiling and is surrounded by glass doors and solid wood floors). Audessy set all the speakers to 150 Hz and the LPF of LFE to 120Hz, it sounded rubbish so the only think i have changed is the speaker crossovers to 100Hz ( not sure if this is right but it sounds better to me).

I ask the question because i get no sound from the rears and nothing on the display to indicate that the amp is doing any extra processing to get the rears working.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts